cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order 3rd party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have requirement where sales order create purchase requisition then we transfer this purchase requisition to purchase order receive goods at my storage location then create invoice then create delivery and goods issue it then billing.  I tried 3rd party cycle with some changes but it didn't work, is there any other cycle that can help me with this requirement ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohammed,

we can call your requirement as IPO process. In IPO process we procure finished goods from the vendor and we deliver to customer.

Configuration is like this,

1.Create material like third party material only(select purchasing view and mention purchasing or and group) in sales org 2 view mention item category group as BANC to determine item category TAB.

1.In TAB item category mention special stock indicator as 'E'.

2.In CB schedule line category maintain controls like this.

order type : NB

Movement Type: 601

Item category: 0

Account assignment category: E

3. Requirement class for IPO process is KEB.

In KEB requirement class maintain controls like this

Special stock indicator: E

Account assignment category: E

while creating sales order check whether requirement type KEB is determining or not (in procurement tab)

Do this configuration as it is you can get expected result

Former Member
0 Kudos

No accounting document generates after PGI because cost of goods sold will be assigned to that particular sales order number,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thanks a lot for the help i solved the issue.

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

HI.

The process you mentioned is not third party, it's IPO process. in IPO process system determines item category TAB, and schedule line category CB.in this process when we create sales order system will generate PR , then that will be converted to PO.in this when we receive the goods that stock will be reserved to that sales order which controlled by special stock indicator in requirement class E. When we do delivery to that customer system will consider this stock. That's way no accounting document when we receive goods from vendor.which will be in the control of the field account assignment category E in CB.

Regards,

adithya

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Have you tried with SAP STD  individual purchase orders process. For further information refer . The item Category is TAB. With this the sales order will initiate the procurement process and stock will be received in the warehouse against that sales order. Post that its standard process of delivering and invoicing to customer.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

I did all the configuration for individual purchase order and it is working fine, but at GI it doesn't create accounting document.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Which movement type is used for GI?

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

Mvt is 601.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Few checks,

• Hope no one has changed the movement type settings for 601 in your system.
  • Check your material type is relevant for value  and quantity update
  • Check OMJj settings for 601  and E combination
  • Check your schedule line is have account assignment indicator as M

Still you are not able to resolve the issue  then post some screen shots.

Atul 

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Can you see special stock in MMBE after you have done GR for material for the respective PO? As you are using Acct Assgt Cat. E in PO, please do check whether you have proper config for movement type 601 or OBYC - account assignment for GBB(Offsetting entry for inventory posting) for VKA.

2. Any specific reason you are using Acct Assgt Cat. E in PO? In my opinion Acct Assgt Cat. E - Ind. cust. w KD-CO for the PO in your Schedule Line Cat is not correct, ideally you should have M - Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO. Change the same and try. Please check std Schedule Category CB for Individual PO.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

How can i check material type is relevant for value and quantity update ?

These are screen shots for schedule line, item category and mvt configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

I already tried E and M but both of them don't create accounting document.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide screenshot from Stock Overview(TCode MMBE)?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Can you also share the snap shot of document flow?

Thanks and Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Meanwhile you can check OMS2 for value/quantity update for material type.

Regards

Atul

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we transfer this purchase requisition to purchase order

Purchase Order on whom?  What is the Business process?  Need more clarity.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Cycle starts with SO created for a customer that asking for goods we don't have so SO creates PR to buy goods from a vendor then we transfer this PR to PO then we receive goods in our stock then invoice vendor then create delivery then GI it then create billing for customer.

We buy product for customer then receive it in our stocks then goods issue for the customer and bill

him, but cycle must starts with sales order, we can't do purchasing cycle then selling cycle.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this process, both MM and SD activities are involved.  Once the materials are supplied by the vendor to the delivering plant, that delivering plant has to carry out MM activities like MIGO etc., and transfer to Unrestricted Stock.  Here your SD process starts by creating delivery and invoice.

G. Lakshmipathi

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with Individual Purchase order Process.

check below mentioned SCN Links

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2013790

http://scn.sap.com/thread/420694

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1595969

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laskshmipathi,

Yup, i already tried 3rd party cycle but it is not fulfilling my needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Your links are what am asking for and i tried them and the cycle is working fine but there is an issue while posting goods issue it doesn't create accounting document, is this an error in my configuration ?

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the settings of the your Item category and schedule line line category you are using in these transactions,may be you are using TAS and CS

The standard Third party scenario will not fulfill your requirement as the Dispatch of the materials are being done by the third party and not your company so automatically the account assignment settings will be different.

i think in the whole process you only require to generate a PR from the sales order and the remaining process need to proceed as a normal sales process like dispatch from your company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Yup something like that, but for item category i copied TAN and did the changes for the new item category like special stock = 'E' and for schedule line i copied also CP and did the changes for it like order type = 'NB' and account assignment = 'E' so when i post goods issue it doesn't create accounting document, these changes may be affecting the creation of accounting document ?

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there need not be any account assignment for the schedule line

are you able to pick the goods in the delivery ?

Try if this is possible

Third party order------>normal sales Order------>Delivery------->Billing

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working "Individual PO" as suggested to you in earlier post, then do you have desired maintain Movement Type in your Schedule Line Category?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

I can't create automatic PR like that, it asks for account assignment category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

Mvt is 601 with special stock='E' in item category.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nd account assignment = 'E' so when i post goods issue it doesn't create accounting document, these changes may be affecting the creation of accounting document ?

Yes, as you rightly said accounting assignment category E in VOV7( CB) and special stock E in VOV7( TAB) and valuation M in (KEB) controls not generates inventory accounting document.

Please note: whenever we do MIGO for IPO material the stock is reserved to a particular sales order number only, not updated unrestricted stock type( usually this unrestricted stock is updated in normal case).

special stock indicator E in VOV7( TAB) controls while doing delivery in sales, system consider Sales order stock not from the unrestricted stock type. Hope you got the reason why system is not generating the inventory document during the PGI for IPO material.

you can also explore the F1 helps of the fields in OVZG for the KEB example special stock indicator E and account assignment category E and valuation type M which says how you want to valuate the stock etc.

PLEASE NOTE IN IPO PROCESS THERE IS NO INVENTORY ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT GENERATES. As your process almost suits to IPO process you can very well follow the standard settings of IPO which was already advised by others.

Please also note for any special stock indicator materials system will not generate inventory accounting document example IPO and MTO etc.

Still if you need more clarity on the inventory accounting part better discuss with MM consultant as well.

Thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

I solved the problem and now the cycle works as IPO except that it creates accounting document while goods issue, i want to ask you now is it right to create accounting document or not ?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answering the above question  by your Business (Finance) is advisable also check with FI-CO consultant,because any way you will have to get UAT for your development. Please also share here what is the accounting entry after PGI?

Thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

Accounting entery is like the normal PGI Inventory and COGS.