cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MappingException: Mapping failed, NullPointerException: The name of an parameter must not be null

adityavempati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Problem in production system. Working in all other environments. All the parameters required for the Java clas are mentioned in the ICO. No null values. Compared the ESR and ID objects version history with Prod and non-prod environments. Tried even dummy activation. No luck.

Executed the message in ESR by pasting the IDoc payload. Mapping was executed. No issues there.

Scenario: IDoc_AAE to File ; SAP PI 7.31 SP04 Dual Stack

Please suggest.

Regards,

Aditya Vempati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

we experienced a similar issue. Please have a look at SAP note 1950805. Applying the mentioned patch and a full cache refresh should solve the issue.

Regards

Claudia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I have the exact same error.

I am following your blog:

In the graphical mapping I have just some dummy message (without any fields) on both source and target side and in the Functions tab I am using your code.

End to end execution, I get the exact same error as that you got: (this is in my dev system)

MappingException: Mapping failed, NullPointerException: The name of an parameter must not be null

So my question is,

- did the patch update and the cache refresh work for you?

- And is it ok my graphical mapping has the message type as sender and target and with no fields inside(just a parent node).Is that a problem? Or should I have atleast some fields or the same parameters used in the parameterised mapping?

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I hope you have a parameterized mapping.

Looks like cache issue in Production system. Check cache status for the ICO from ID for the dummy changes that you have made

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

try to run a message mapping in ESR through the same payload which is failing. is there any further detail on the error message shown.

thanks

chirag

adityavempati
Participant
0 Kudos

Already tried this Chirag. No issues found when I did.

Facing problem at runtime and that too just in prod.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the parameters existing on the ICO of Prod?

Regards,

Mark

adityavempati
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Mark..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If dummy activataion didnt work then I would suggest to re create the same thing in Dev environment and transport it to Production.

thanks

chirag