cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating an ABAP project with ABAP Developer Tools 2.31.5 and SAPGUI 740

0 Kudos

Context:

I have recently installed SAPGUI version 740 (7400.1.0.1093). Next to that I have installed Eclipse version Luna with the latest version of ABAP Developer Tools from

https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna (2.31.5).

Problem:

When trying to create a new ABAP project I get the following error:

Location 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini' does not point to a SAP GUI configuration file.

Question:

Since SAPGUI 740 a new type of configuration file is used: SAPUILandscape.xml

I have a local version of this file for own SAP Logon entries and a local server version for company SAP Logon entries.

How can I configure my ADT environment so it works together with SAPGUI 740?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

currently we don't support SAP GUI 7.40.

Have you upgraded from 7.30 GUI or have you installed the GUI on a new image?

Regards,

Thomas.   

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have upgraded from 7.30 GUI to 740.

The saplogon.ini and SapLogonTree.xml files were automatically converted to SAPUILandscape.xml at startup of SAPGUI 740.

I have copied my backup of saplogon.ini file to folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\ .

ADT is now able to Browse my SAPLogon connections again

1. When do you expect ADT is ready for the new configuration file format SAPUILandscape.xml of SAPGUI 740?
  2. Will it be possible in the future to choose your own directory where ADT finds its SAPLogon configuration file?

Regards,

Roelof Jan

sebastian_wolf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roelof Jan,

the configuration files should only be migrated to the new landscape format if you also have installed a SAP NetWeaver Business Client. Is this the case? Thanks in advance for any comment on that.

However, even with migrated configuration files, the "old" ones should still be in place and should be usable, so maybe there's something else wrong here. Could you please enable tracing like I described it in this thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/15445643 ? Mabe you also have such an environment variable set.

The next version of ADT will definitely be able to support the new file format. Moreover, we are currently evaluating if we can patch ADT 2.31, but as the SAP UI Landscape Format Support includes quite some central changes to ADT, I can't promise you anything here...

But even with this support you won't be able to manually choose the location of your configuration file(s). We will still obtain this information from SAP GUI, but react a little smarter as before when it comes to issues like the one you are describing.

Best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I have installed NWBC5.0. This was the main reason why I have migrated to SAPGUI 740.

It appeares that when NWBC5.0 is installed next to SAPGUI740, launching of one of both applications results in conversion of old configuration files to the new SAPUILandscape.xml file.

You are right the old ones were still in place. I manually removed them from folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\

In SAPGUI 740 I have configured 2 new folders for SAPUILandscape.xml files. 1 folder for local SAPUILandscape.xml file: 'D:\SAPLogonLocalConfigFiles' (my own manual saplogon entries) and 1 folder for localServer SAPUILandscape.xml file: 'C:\SAPLogonServerConfigFiles' (saplogon entries supplied by my company).

ADT is not recognizing these new directories and still points to the Original C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common directory.

Best regards,

Roelof Jan

sebastian_wolf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roelof Jan,

thanks for the comment on NWBC. ADT 2.31.5 is not aware of any Landscape configuration formats. Therefore, it can't detect any of your configured directories.

Instead, it detects the existence of your old SAP GUI 7.30 configuration directory, which is supposed to contain the "old" saplogon.ini file. As you manually removed them (most certainly without removing the Windows Registry entries), the error message was more or less OK...

So until we have a patch for 2.31 or a complete new ADT revision, I would like to ask you to leave the old files where they were. They ensure that you can still work with the systems that were there at the point when you did the upgrade. However, any changes you do from now in SAP GUI 7.40 will unfortunately not be reflected in ADT.

We will give you an update as soon as we have an outlook if we release a patch or you need to wait for the upcoming release.

Best regards, Sebastian

sebastian_wolf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roelof Jan,

we just did a thorough analysis of the changes to be made in case we released a patch to 2.31. Unfortunately, there are so many dependencies that it wouldn't be a real patch but almost a complete release.

As we plan to release the next version already in the end of November, I would like to ask you to be patient until then. In the meantime, I hope the "old" saplogon.ini still works for you (in most cases).

Thanks for your understanding and best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian, Thomas,

Thank you for your quick response. It helped me a lot.

Today I encountered the problem that SAPGUI 740 is not working well with older versions of SAP (ie SAP ECC 6.00 / AS ABAP 700). Login is no problem but methods of global classes cannot be maintained fe. I will post this as discussion in SAPGUI area.

best regards,

Roelof Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use the most recent version of ADT (2.44), along with GUI 7.40 and NWBC 5.0 and the problem is still on (Location 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common\saplogon.ini' does not point to a SAP GUI configuration file).

Is the problem supposed to be resolved?

Bernard

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

did you run SAP Logon once after the installation of SAP GUI 7.40 + NWBC 5.0?

The migration from saplogon.ini to the new format SAPUILandscape.xml is only done at the first startup of SAP Logon.

Best regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I recently installed SAP GUI 7.40 and I'm now facing a similiar problem like Bernard. Eclipse (Luna 4.4.2 with ADT 2.51.2) is still using the old saplogon.ini instead of the xml-file.

I deleted the .ini-file, but it just leads to a destination error (it is still using a registry entry which points to the .ini and I'm not allowed to remove - thanks, administration...).

SHOULD it work with my current versions of Eclipse and ADT and is there something messed up with my system (registry) or is there still a problem inside the destination handling?

Best regards,

Andre

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

it should work in your environment.

Maybe a clean installation of the latest SAP GUI 7.40 from scratch would help!

But don't forget to run SAP Logon once before you start ADT.

Good luck,

Marco

Answers (0)