cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM Integration - Zimbra Email Server for account creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to create email accounts in zimbra email server from SAP IDM. The customer don't have AD in place.I was looking at the connector overview document which don't have any information on connector to Zimbra.Only to MS Exchange 2007 & 2010 the connectors and the the templates are available. Can these templates be used to integrate with Zimbra?

Has anyone tried SAP IDM with Zimbra email server for mail account creation ? Any inputs on this?

I also have a requirement to create users in UNIX & Linux systems ? How can I do that ? I have seen the template for Create Unix user-Java in the job wizard. The documentation tab of it says as below.

"This pass has to run on a unix/linx-environment.

The pass is using the Adduser-application to create a user in the unix-linux environment.

Displayname and username is collected from the IDSTORE."

My Management console, RT & Dispatchers are on windows. How can I run that apss on unix/linux environment ?

Can anyone help on this. Sry I am a beginner with unix flavour.

~ Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy, Matt & Gunnar for your inputs.

It is a good idea to have Linux system talk to a Directory of some flavor for user creds.

But As a concept, I want to understand, How do I create users in UNIX/Linux in IDM. What repository type I need to select ? How can I define the unix/linux system constants on the pass to let my shell script to know where to run ?

~ Krishna

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you successfully read from users on the *nix system?

I would also think that even with the default create unix user option that you still have to fine tune the actions to fit.

I also don't think you are going to find a ton of doco (perhaps you can blog your experience in this space) as not all *nix systems are equal and not all scenarios are going to be equal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I haven't implemented this. Will share here my experience once done with it.

Regarding account creation in Zimbra. I spoke to Zimbra administrator and got a confirmation that it can be configured to use the LDAP (AD) user accounts.

So we are planning to setup an AD server and link Zimbra with it, so that I only need to provision to LDAP with zimbra related attributes too.

~ Krishna.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear that you made some progress on the Zimbra front.

Don't forgot to mark posts helpful for future readers. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

I'm pretty sure that the MS Exchange connector would use the SOAP API from the Exchange Server (EWS) and from what I've seen in the docu the methods from Zimbra differ completely.

Zimbra has REST and SOAP APIs ( Zimbra SOAP API Reference 8.5.0_GA_3019 ) you could connect to but I haven't heard about a complete connector for this specific solution.

This requirement would need some webservice programming to access this specific solution (Zimbra) but technically it should be possible I think.

But as long as Zimbra could be maintained from the console/bash the way Matt and Billy suggested might also work.

Gunnar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know about Zimbra, but provisioning to *NIX can be done, either via a directory service as Billy said, or by remotely executing the scripts to create users.  There was also the old Vintela product that did this from AD as well.

I don't think that you necessarily need to worry about a dispatcher on LINUX, although it's easy enough to do, it's going to be more about working with the LINUX permissions and making sure that all works. 

I would suggest in both cases that you work/consult closely with the application administrators to work out a strategy.

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be easier to look into having the Linux system talk to a Directory of some flavor for user creds vs making accounts on the host.

Example from Arch Linux wiki - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Integration

Now I have found Arch to be on the more difficult side and probably not the flavor you are using, but their doco is 99% spot on with explanations/configurations. 

As for Zimbra, I only know its an email server; according to their site they also support directories - Single sign-on for Zimbra

Perhaps you can leverage IdM's VDS services and create Directories there for these other systems to communicate with for a single ID.