Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am gettng

"Consistency error: field(s) missing - specify 'lastFieldsOptional' parameter to allow this"

What this error means?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

can u give ur input file and structure of output file required?

check this blog if it could help ur requirement :

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

use fieldFixedLengths if lenght of field is fix,

u will obiviously get error when lenght og filed is different than that of configured length.

Go through this weblog so u will get an idea of fieldFixedLengths

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem...

'

Field Max Length

Y 4

ideal structure of file.. should be

XXX YYYY

or

(ii) XX YYYY

But in my situation it is coming like...

(ii) XXYYYY if the X field is of two value instead of 3 .

so if use my logic adapter will pickup XXY in one field and YYY as second...

If field lenght is smaller the maximum then file should have spaces to file upto max lenth ..

but this is not the case with my situation..

i guess we cannot read such kind of file where we are not sure of the file structure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in Data type definition , there in detail column , double click , check the min length, maxlength..if it is there, change accordingly.

but this will not give any erro , it will truncate the input length of data to specified .

Also check the content conversion processing parameters , try to add the following

eg.

Recordstructure.fixedLengthTooShortHandling = Cut

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur ,

This parameter specifies whether the last fields can be omitted (YES) or not (NO) in a CSV structure. If you do not make a specification, the default value is NO.

Can u tell ur requirement?

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

As per the requirement XI is supposed to read legacy system generated text file having a particular format...

this error is coming when the total length of sourc value is not as per the total lenght of the data type defined in IR..

because when i am increasing the length of data by inserting some value making its total length equal to total lenght of data field i am able to read the data...

i have used 'totaldigit' for specifying the possible maximum lenght of the integer field.

is it correct...

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably in your source data file the ending field/s is/are missing

Regards,

Jakub

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try:

lastFieldsOptional=YES

as per:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/content.htm

the default is NO

Regards,

michal