cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ application is not getting triggered in SOD Violation stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Agent rule at SOD violation stage(of Detour_Path).

This Agent rule is a custom BRF+ application, which has User id in Result Column. But this user does not get the request.

The request reaches this stage, and does not go to User id of BRF+ application. Can you suggest the resolution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban:

In addition to what Ameet said, you also need to make sure that a valid Email is set in the user ID in your GRC system under SU01 for the user you listed.

If it is making it to the stage, and it does not find a user, do you have your "No Approver Found" escape route set.  If this escape route is set, then you would be able to see that there is something wrong with either the BRF+ Application or the User ID.

You can also use the MSMP Instance Monitor (transaction GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD) and review the message log to help troubleshoot issues.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

Principal Technology Consultant

SAP America

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

The message log shows that my BRF+ application is being called as, shown below. But the Audit log shows that the workflow has not reached the user ALT_APPR_PLA

Any suggestions on this?

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban:

That is not the user that you show in your BRF+ decision table.  The user you are expecting, based upon what you have shown is BASISSOD_PLA. Based upon what I am seeing, the rule that you are showing in your lasted screen shot is not the BRF+ Function Object ID that I would have expected.  The line for Rule should be reporting a rule 000C29FCBDD41EE495827AA9509C189D.

My guesses here would be that what you are showing is not the rule result for the SOD routing approver agent, this actually did not make it to the routing stage, the MSMP agent is not connected to the correct BRF+ Function in Maintain Rules.

Can you tell me where you have ALT_APPR_PLA configured to be an approver agent?  This almost looks like this might be the Alternate Role Assignment Approver based upon your naming convention, but that is just a guess on my part.

If this workflow item is in the SOD approval stage, you can look at the Approvers tab in MSMP Instance monitor to get the CURRENT USERS that are set for approval.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Kevin,

You are right!!

That's what I mentioend, if Plaban has correctly mapped the BRF+ function rule ID with the MSMP process ID.

It's clear that the mapping is not correctly done

Ameet

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban:

One other item that I just thought of....  Previously you have stated that you may be changing this Approver on this stage while you are testing.  Please make sure that you are generating new versions each time you make a change to any part of the MSMP Process ID.  The system will tell you if there are no changes that require a new version to be generated.

Just another item that could cause issues.

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

i had replaced the BASISSOD_PLA, with ALT_APPR_PLA, and my Function id (agent rule id) is shown in fig. This is the same object id, that appears in Message log

and my updated decision table is

So, i am still stuck with ALT_APPR_PLA(or BASISSOD_PLA ), not receiving request; and i think changing decision table details, does not require MSMP workflow version to be regenerated, for new version

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban:

My apologies....I had made the assumption that the BRF+ picture you had first was your function.  So it seems that the rule it is using is correct.

When you change the rule, did you activate the Expression (Decision Table), then the Function, then the application?  Even if they show green, you need to do this after each change, and in this specific order.

You are correct that you don't have to generate new version with a Decision table change.

I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly.  When you say that the user is not receiving the request, you cannot find it in their inbox, correct?

Have you tried to look at the request in Access Management --> Search requests to see what the status is?  You can then also look at the Instance status and see the current users.  This will tell you WHO has the request.

Sorry, I don't seem to be much help for you here....

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Once you modified/updated your decision table, did you save,generate and activate..?

Then you have to activate and generate the MSMP process version in order to get the latest changes made.

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

You need to confirm the check box for "routing enabled"

You can enable this option in modify task settings for SOD or role admin stage or both as per your requirements.

Let us know if you still have this issue.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

it did not resolve the problem. I think, the BRF+ application is not getting triggered, i.e its decision table's result Column is not being picked. However, simulation shows correct result in BRF+

While, if i keep, Agent id as GRAC_POINTOF_CONTACT(point of contact as in Access Control Owner), it goes to the point of Contact.

Could you say, if you have created (in your experience) a Custom Agent Rule id(i.e through BRF+)

Regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Post the snap shots after you confirmed the check box for "routuing enabled"

As Kevin commented, are you sure about the email-Id of the agent if it is correctly maintained??

There is no rocket science in getting this in place, you just need to do some of the configuration settings as mentioned and with understanding.

Yes, I have done it and i am suggesting you based on my experience only.

How about the BRF+ application, is it activated correctly? Did you map the function rule ID in the MSMP workflow?

Regards,

Ameet