cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Embargo Checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While maintinaing Embargo process we can maintain embargo situation at 3 different levels

1. Country Level

2. Country/Legal regulation

3. Dep Country/ Destination County / Legal regulation .

Can you please help me in knowing that when do we need to use each situation

i.e Do we have any specific reason to maintain embargo for each level .

Sri...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_kothari4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Embargo check is to block the the Business partner country for Import/Export. i.e. to block if the partner country is in the embargo block list.

SAP has provided this block to be maintained at three different levels as correctly mentioned.

Eg:

Legal Regulation LR1 Country US Destination country: IN

Legal Regulation LR2 Country AT Destination country: IN

The first level @ Country level: This situation will block the documents for all legal regulation. Eg: If you have put a block at first level for Destination country for IN then system will block for all legal regulation (LR1, LR2 )  

The Second Level @ Country/Legal regulation: This situation will block the document taking into consideration for Destination country and Legal regulation combination. Eg: Block maintained for destination country IN Legal regulation LR1, so the system will not block the document created by LR2

The third level @ Dep Country/ Destination County / Legal regulation: This situation will block the document taking into consideration for Departure country, Destination country and Legal regulation combination. Eg: Block maintained for Departure country US, destination country IN Legal regulation LR1, so the system will not block the document created by LR2 or any other combination.

Hope this resolves your query.

Regards,

Ashish Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Embargo Check - Compliance Management - SAP Library

If this is not clear, please get back to us.

Regards

Dhilipan