cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite tank planning in APO with PPM possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am preparing a PP/DS demo system (optimizer) for a beverage company. The idea is to model as much constraints as possible from their production system, and most of them seem to be related to finite tank planning:

- only N flavours possible from a total of 10, but M>N lines can be working simultaneously feeded by the container holding this flavour

- limitations on the flow-rate of this container

etc

This company has not implemented PP-PI in ECC (they have repetitive production).

Has anyone tried and succeeded to model finite tank planning in APO with PPMs (or with discrete planning with PDS)??

any help will be much appreciated.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Yes, finite tank planning support both source of supply type PDS and PPM. Please check the link:

Thanks, Marius

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2010/helpdata/EN/92/e8dd65caa44b15b9a79f0aab13c628/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

My question was not formulated properly. I know that PPMs can model finite tank planning, but during most of the document PP-PI is mentioned in ECC side. However, in my ECC system there will not be PP-PI but discrete planning.

To make things worst, it seems that manually created PPMs in APO are always created of type PP: PPMs of type PP-PI are only created through CIF from a PP-PI ECC (unless I missed something in SCC03).

So the right question is: can finite tank planning be modelled with PPMs created in APO?

Or: can finite tank planning be modelled in APO with PP in ECC and not PP-PI?

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I think that you can try if all setup necessary to support your scenario can be done in APO.

What I'm seeing in the PPDS PPM is that Product Flow which is specific for tank planning can be created without any restriction at PPM's activity level. 

"You use the product flow to specify at an activity of the PPM plan that a product will be removed from or filled into a  resource with storage characteristics (container resource) during production." 

"Caution - The product flow should not be confused with the material flow." 

Also please check note 1171154 

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

It is possible to model it using PPM in APO.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Finite tank planning can be done in APO with PPMs created in APO. You just need to separately maintain product storage definitions manually in APO to define the input/ output material flow.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash,

I tried this at the begining and seemed to work fine for the 1 step (before filling the tank). However, I was not able to do the same for the second step (feeding from the tank) and finally gave up. I will give it another try.

J.

carlos_perez8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you still have the documentation?. The link does not exit...

Answers (0)