cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Confirmation based on plant rather than the reference document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

We have a problem where the order is confirmed from the available stock in the plant and not checking the reference quote and it's not happening for all the time.

Example : In Plant 1234  - Material X has 8 quantity availble .

Now we create a quote - Material X - 5 quanitity and it fully confirmed.

Then order comes in , it reference the quote and creates order - But it has only partially confirmed the 3 Quantity available in the plant.

This confirmation is carried out by standard SAP function.

Please let me know if you have seen similar kind of issue

Thanks,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems that system runs availability check one more time in sales entry in addition to the one carried out in sales quote, and it does not carry forward the reserved quantity in schedule line in sales quote to sales order...

so can you have a try to check the copy control settings at schedule line level for quote to sales to see if you can make the reserved quantity copied?

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I tested the same scenario on my system and It worked perfectly (the order gets a confirmed quantity of 5). Can you post a screenshot of your MD04 and CO09?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I left side pic is before order creation and the right side is after order creation.

The schedule line shows 4 confirmed for Quotation and 2 confirmed for order

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

In the attached screenshots, it is correct that the system can only confirm 2.

You have 52 in stock but you have 54 confirmed. This means that you have -2 ATP quantity.

You create the order for the quotation, this will release the requirement for the quotation. So you have 52 (stock) - (54 - 4) (total requirement - released requirement) = 2.

So the system is correct to just confirm 2 in this case. If you did not have negative quantities before the creation of the order, then the system would confirm the full amount of the quotation. For information on negative quantities, refer to SAP note 153355.

If the system was to allow the confirmation of 4 when you create the order, it means it is allowing the overconfirmation sitation to continue and that would not be correct.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of activating Availability check at Quotation you better activate at Order level to avoid the Inconsistency of confirmed qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva - Thanks for the reply. This is only for one interface particular to one big customer.

Business wants to hold it in Quotation because when order comes in later- it does not want to reject it (Fill or Kill). I am wondering if there is any config which will only pull from quotation and not from open inventory in  the Plant.

Thanks,

Gokul