cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if the files attached to ME23n using GOS are stored in content server?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Content server for GOS ME23n for attaching documents to SAP. The content server is running fine and the status is running. I need to make sure the files being attached are being stored on the content server and not to my ECC system database.

Please provide your in input on this. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

in GOS you can store document at two "places":

- the first is the New -> Create attachment option. (This is a SAPOffice functionlaity.) With this in standard you can store documents in the SOFFDB content repository (tr. OAC0) because the SOFFDB content category point to this SOFFDB contnet repository (tr. OACT)

In order to store these documents in another content repo please check note 1634908

(In this case all non binary files will still be stored in the system database table as per note #1975846.)

- the other is the New -> Store Business Document (this is for ArchiveLink). You must have the correct OAC3 (and OAC2) configuration for the business object type (with which GOS is published from the application transaction. Like tr. FB03 and business object type BKPF) In this case the documents are stored in that content repositoy which was set in tr. OAC3

For more info check notes:

904711 - SAPoffice: Where are documents physically stored?

530792 - Storing documents in the generic object services

and the GOS FAQ: Frequently asked questions about Generic Object Services GOS - Application Server Infrastructure - S...

and GOS Troubleshooting: Generic Object Services (GOS) Troubleshooting Guide - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Best regards,

Janos

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Refer screen shot and we have to say that attached file stored in content server storage area. Hope that you done with OAC2,OAC3 configuration for this scenario. after that need to justify make Content server off and check . Technically want to show follow suggested snotes .

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I hope you are checking for the manually attached GOS documents with PO Object.

Please try to use SAP Table SOOD.

Regards,

Rahul G

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP notes: 904711 and 530792, and see if it helps.

Regards,

David