cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading to rev 80

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear experts, we are currently on SPS73 and would like to upgrade to rev 80. Could you guide me how to go about this upgrade please? Should i use HLM ? 

Thanks for all your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends, many thanks for the reply. furthermore to your suggestions i would need your help on three main things,

1. Tips on downloading the installer for the upgrade.

There seem to be two methods to approach the downloads:

a. Downloads based on stack upgrade where in its lets you choose the initial SPS i.e. SPS7 and the target SPS 8 and downloads selected components as a stack  but this automatically takes us from REV 72 to REV 83. This is downloaded and ready for deployment

b.Upgrading by component – While I have downloaded the REV 80 versions of IMDB_SERVER*.SAR,

IMDB_CLIENT*.SAR and IMC_STUDIO*.SAR. The HANALDCTR*.SAR and SAPHOSTAGENT*.SAR it is not entirely clear which version to download in fact load controller does not appear in the list. Appreciate your thoughts on this

2. With regards to the actual upgrade - using HLM via Studio and pointing it to the downloaded .SAR files appears to be the most simple way forward however there also seems to be a method of installing directly on the host machine via command line. Please can you advise which one is the best option to upgrade?

3. And finally the upgrade path, we are on Rev 73 and want to move to Rev 82.  We dont have the facility for automatic updates so we will have to follow the manual upgrade method. FOr this i will have to download individual components from the SMP website. All i want to know is what is the best path for the upgrade. I mean is it SPS73--> SPS 80-->SPS82 or SPS73-->SPS82 (direct).

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

hdblcm or HLM anyone is fine.

But remember to consider complete stack of component to upgrade which is present on your system.

For my system i used HLM to upgrade rev80

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

ulrichwolf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Use hdblcm(gui) for this - this tool is packaged with SAP_HANA_DATABASE and is located where you find hdbinst and hdbupd.

See here for more details, updates work the same way except the flag "update" instead of "install"

Best Regards,

Uli