cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud Connector - Unable to access config page

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed the latest version of the SAP HANA Cloud Connector but am unable to access the configuration homepage at https://localhost:8433.

If I stop the service, go to the command line and manually run go.bat, the startup pauses as below showing the service running on 8443.

Trying to access https://localhost:8443 fails with connection refused/webpage is not available.

netstat while the cloud connector is "started" doesn't show 433 or 8433 listening but then I am not certain 433 would show up in netstat, although I expected it to.

The logs in scc20/log/ don't seem to show anything interesting:

2014-10-14 16:20:35,679#INFO#com.sap.scc.config#Start Level Event Dispatcher#      #loadHaState isHaActive is false|
2014-10-14 16:20:35,698#INFO#com.sap.scc.web.component#com.sap.core.js.logging.bridge.OSGILogListener@4ceee548#      #ServiceEvent REGISTERED|
2014-10-14 16:20:35,699#INFO#com.sap.scc.web.component#com.sap.core.js.logging.bridge.OSGILogListener@4ceee548#      #ServiceEvent REGISTERED|
2014-10-14 16:20:35,699#INFO#com.sap.scc.web.component#com.sap.core.js.logging.bridge.OSGILogListener@4ceee548#      #BundleEvent STARTED|
2014-10-14 16:20:35,699#INFO#com.sap.scc.web.component#com.sap.core.js.logging.bridge.OSGILogListener@4ceee548#      #BundleEvent STARTED|
2014-10-14 16:20:36,873#INFO#com.sap.scc.rt#Thread-6#      #port check succeeded|
2014-10-14 16:20:36,874#INFO#System.out#Thread-6#      #SAP HANA Cloud Connector started on https://localhost:8443|

Lots of "Count not install bundle" due to already being installed, presumably because I've run more than once and the components are installed on first run.

localhost_http_access:

127.0.0.1 - - [14/Oct/2014:16:20:36 +0200] "GET /exposed?action=check_port HTTP/1.1" 200 15 21

Looks like the port check was okay with return code 200.

That's as far as I have got with it, does anyone have any ideas of what to check next?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sita_thampan
Explorer

Hi ,

I get the same error ,i.e. starting localhost :8443

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The logs in log folder , says SCC is running ,

However in the config folder , the log says -

The bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503-sap [5]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1327) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1311) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-09-22 16:31:38.914 !MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503-sap.jar/ was not resolved.

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Sita

former_member639704
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I get the same error ,i.e. starting localhost :8443

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The logs in log folder , says SCC is running ,

However in the config folder , the log says -

The bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503-sap [5]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1327) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1311) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-09-22 16:31:38.914 !MESSAGE Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503-sap.jar/ was not resolved.

need help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus ,

Need your help. I installed HCP cloud connector and tried to start is as administrator.

https://localhost:8443/

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

So i did check Environment variables and have JAVA_HOME with location C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_71

and still i don't get the webpage ...

I used the sapcc-2.7.1-windows-x64.msi

please advice me how to proceed...

I am terribly worried...

please help... 😞

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ashlin,

what is the scc_service.log telling? What about ljs_trace.log?

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashlin,

Do you still have this problem? If your frontend from where you are running your browser and your SAP application server have different IPs calling localhost may not work. Let me know if that's the case and I may be able to help.

Thanks,

Marek

0 Kudos

If any more info is required please let me know.

I checked a few other threads such as:

The one issue I seem to have (on more than 1 machine on completely different networks) that no other thread mentions, nor any information (I have found) of there ever being a problem where everything appears to work (service started, no ERRORS in the log files), and cannot even view the login page. 

That suggests to me, either the jar file containing the core admin front-end is broken, not working or not being loaded on start-up correctly. Just a guess.

From that result, I would suggest to others to start afresh, but I have done this on 3 different machines in completely different environments, controlled by SAP Basis on 2, and on my local machine so controlled by me.  In all 3 cases, I get to the same point, all fine and installed, service "listening" although the only evidence I can see of the service running is the addition each startup to the logfile while checking the port is open:

127.0.0.1 - - [14/Oct/2014:16:20:36 +0200] "GET /exposed?action=check_port HTTP/1.1" 200 15 21

I am wondering if I should back track to the none-latest "stable" version and see if I get anything different since I haven't found a single post with the connector successfully installed, running, no errors, and not being able to access the main login page full stop.

Any ideas appreciated.

I can also supply some info from WireShark which might help the ultra techy if this really is a unique or unusual problem.

If I can't get this answered by the end of play tomorrow (or earlier if I don't get any sort of response) I will have to open a support call with SAP

Thanks,

Malcolm

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

which variant of Cloud Connector are you using? Developer zip or MSI? Have you modified the Connector settings in the default-server.xml?

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am using the standard msi, not developer edition:

https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/additional/sapcc-2.4.3-windows-x64.msi

I have modified no default xml settings although I have looked at them to see if I could spot anything but to no avail.

Thanks,

Malcolm

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcom,

ok. You also said that there are no other error messages in the ljs_trace.log ... Hmm. In this case, I guess we need a ticket to work closer on it. But one mor thing: Have you tried running it via the Service?

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I started testing with the service and that was working fine, but get the same result.

To me it doesn't look like terminal errors in the log files but I'll attach here so you can confirm. ERROR is printed but for those bundles that are already installed so I think thats normal.

Note, actual path (absolute) replaced with 'z' so z/SAP/scc20/ just so you don't think its an issue.

Thanks,

Malcolm

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

what is the exact location? tomcat path tomcatCfg.getAbsolutePath()z looks problematic ...

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Sorry, maybe I should have been a bit clearer, the path in the attached log file I replaced manually with 'z' before uploading to the Internet, call me cautious...

Thanks,

Malcolm

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

indeed I misunderstood. Could it be that the path that z is representing is one that has special operating system protection - just like any path below "Program Files"? In that case, Cloud Connector as trouble wrtiing its own configuration files and is not really usable leading to a behavior like the one you are noticing now. Typically, the administrator permissions are not used for the SCC when being started.

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Unfortunately not, nice idea though.

The log files are in the same directory and are consistently updated, I can try moving them but don't believe it will change anything - I left the default install folder when installing.

Admin permissions I did think about and use Administrator to access the command prompt - as a service, will always be run as admin.

So, I assume the contents (ERROR) in the log file is normal operation since no comment on, and that would mean I'm stuck and need to create a ticket?

I will uninstall and reinstall to amuse myself, you never know.

Thanks,

Malcolm

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

if it's still not working, please open a ticket on SAP side. This would need closer investigation.

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

right click on the hana Cloud Connector and use "run it as administrator" or go to windows services and manually start the hana Cloud Connector service.

Thanks,

Srikant