cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm - how to fix errors (no active task list / no maintenance cycle is opened) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently implementing CHARM on solman 7.1 system. We already have configuration in 7.01 solman which is currently disconnected (soon to be deleted), so we would like to implement exact same functionality in new solman.

Problem is that some stuff has changed in the meantime and we cannot do it same as before.

We would like to have 1 maintenance project with 1 maintenance cycle and 1 task list which will contain numerous urgent corrections.

Currently when we create change request and approve it, urgent correction object is created.

Problem is that we cannot change urgent correction from state Created to In Development... we get red error:

No maintenance cycle is opened for the current system

...but maintenance cycle is there. I do not know how can i "open" it... I have followed (point 17) but with no luck.

Then I ran report to force close the cycle, also I deleted whole maintenance project, created new project, created task list... checks were all good, but result is same. Created urgent correction cannot change to "in development" state. This time with another red message:

There is no active task list in the assigned project

Could you help me to fix this?

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if you have duplicate Ibase in your IB52, some times happens to me..

BR

@WenSolman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just cannot believe how hard is to troubleshoot this functionality. those error messages are quite misleading. I hoped it will change since my previous charm implementation (3 years ago), but it remained same.

ok, back to your suggestion. what do you mean by duplicate ibase? I had to execute IB_GEN to generate ibase, otherwise there was only 1 ibase that contained solman only (no managed systems).

i believe one ibase contains solman and other one all managed systems (i don't have remote connection to system right now). - could this cause troubles?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction CHARM_CREATE is obsolete.

In current solman almost all charm stuff is handled in webUI, transaction code SM_CRM or CRM_UI has to be used, it lets you to utilize new transaction types which are compatible with new maintenance cycle/tasklist so original error does not occur anymore.

Answers (0)