Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM PO fails in backend due to vendor not belonigng to company code

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Please advise the solution for the issue on how we can build a check in the system so that when a SC is placed it is checked from ECC if the vendor belongs to the particular company code or not ?

Do we use a RFC call or in the search help of vendor we should add a restriction to filter based on company code ?

Please advise a step by  step instruction on what the solution could be

I already referred to the threads below but it does not mention the solution

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1540421

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1632146

Please kindly advise

Regards

Vinita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

Thanks for the info  Could you please explain a bit more to me in this .If possible a code which you used could be helpful .

I have decided to use the data in table LFB1 in ECC side to get the result .Not sure on how to access this table directly .. still working on it .

I did not find this FM BAPI_VENDOR_GET_DETAIL in SRM or ECC where exactly to check ?

Let me know if there is some standard FM which I can use in ECC side or SRM side which calls the vendor data in backend .

Thanks for the help .

Regards

Vinita

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

sorry, I gave you the wrong name...

Not

BAPI_VENDOR_GET_DETAIL

but

BAPI_VENDOR_GETDETAIL

You should be able to enter vendor number and company code...

Regards

konstantin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey konstantin

Thanks for the help , It resolved the issue I  am closing the thread now .

regards

Vinita

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

you can check the entry in LFB1 table.

Regards

Konstantin

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

Thanks for the reply . I know this table but it is in ECC and not SRM .

I need this check to be incorporated when any SC is placed ,..

If i do this check via ECC for every user it would increase the number of RFC calls and impact performance

1. As I will hit the data base table directly

2,  I would be doing a RFC call .

Please could you advise if there is any other way which has less impact on system perfomance?

Regards

VInita

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I don't know any place in SRM where the INFO Vendor <-> CoCode is stored.

So You may need to make an RFC or place this data into Z-Table on SRM side.

If you have the fast backend RFC connection, I would say < 100 ms to retrieve the data.

I would suggest to use BAPI_VENDOR_GET_DETAIL via RFC with the smart buffering in check BADI.

With the smart buffering I mean read once for the first item and save the result in the internal table, so the other items with the same vendor not to be checked.

So your check will be performed ideally only once per check badi call. As for me, that's would be not a big impact on Performance. RFC Should be already opened (due to accounting checks).

To make the performance even more better, you can save the check results as a static attribute of the CHECK-BADI class or your own class. So the RFC check per vendor/cocode will be performed only once per apprication. But in that case you loose you memory (not much, but...).

As always fast or tiny

Regards

Konstantin