cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a new flavour on the second screen of the same t-coce?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a custom multi screen t-code to support a personas sales process. The t-code has 4 views (flavours) but only 1 basic view

The first screen is a selection and the second a list - the t-code is managing the navigation (not personas scripting) - how can I set the appropriate flavour to 'dress' the chosen landing screen?

For example

Start on screen one  - this flavour has been set as the default so this is fine

Move to screen 2 (via ABAB navigation) - it sticks on the previous flavour.

I have tried putting a simple script in to change flavour in the onScreenHandler but it doesn't work.

Any ideas anyone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand the question. You have one multi-screen transaction, and you want to be able to "dress" each of those screens in personas. You seem to be doing that with multiple flavours - is there a reason for that? What not just "dress" each screen in the same flavour. The flavour is for the whole transaction but each screen can be dressed independently. No flavour-switching required.

Or have I misunderstood your scenario?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a puzzler - I thought I was offering a solution rather than asking another question. Hmmm ... clear comms - so difficult - right?

This is a custom t-code that has been designed just to make Personas work a little easier - it's the idea that Manu Kapur from the British Counsel demo'd at a previous practitioners forum.

So ... four screens but one flavour you say .... I'm not picturing that at all.

Each screen represents a different phase of the process - select - list - update & review so the t-code offers no more than a framework that carries that necessary data field pool (all of the SAP defined fields; with drop downs etc. as Manu described, that I will need for the process as a whole) and a simple navigation over them. Each phase uses different bits the data pool and presenting a different view and offering processing options that are specific to that screen.

I can't get my head around the idea of different screens but one flavour  - in my minds eye each screen within a t-code has the potential to have its own flavour  - think of VA02 for instance - the header view is completely different from the item level view and overview view ... you can't access them with one flavour ... can you?

I thought I was starting to get on more solid ground with this but I don't understand you remarks at all Steve

I would really like to have a conversation with you about this Steve but I guess that is over and above what the forum is all about.

Thanks for taking the time to feedback all the same.

Regards.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this needs a blog to explain it? Let me think about that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I think I see where the misunderstanding is coming in.

My t-code is not one function with several tabs (like VA02 Sales Order Header) it is several functions kind-of like VA02 Sales Order Header and Sales Order Line Item Details ... those two functions exist within the same t-code but each has it's own set of tabs and these two functions can't be mixed, i.e. we can't create a composite tab of stuff from the header and stuff from a line item screen.

Is this helping or am I making my scenario more impenetrable?

Regards.

Patrick.

As an aside I seem to be getting where I want to be with scripts and switch flavours  but the very first screen (the landing page) goes to the basic view rather than my required flavour which I have made the default ... any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think of a simple transaction like SU01 - a selection screen followed by a master data display screen. Go to the selection screen and create a flavour of it, called, say, "Patrick". Add some stuff, like a post it, just so you can tell you are looking at the flavour. Now, while still in the flavour, fill in a user name and hit display. You'll get the standard display screen, but notice you are still in the flavour called "Patrick". Drop into the editor and make some changes. Go backwards and forwards between the selection screen and the display screen. You stay in the same flavour, but each screen has its own layout and its own changes.

Your multi-screen transaction is the same. You can have one flavour and within that flavour each screen of the transaction has its own layout and can be completely different from the others. You don't need to switch flavours when you switch screens.

Does that make sense? Try it and see.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

!! The scales have fallen from my eyes Steve - thank you very much.

Regards.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope that makes life simpler for you...!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did a similar scenario but on standard, based on doc type we had to move to respective flavors.

Couple of questions.

What is the driver for flavor selection?

Which screen's "onScreenHandler" are you using?

Are you getting any error when you switch flavor?

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The driver is the screen ID - so if the t-code decides we need to visit screeen id 0500 - that's where we land but at the moment I just get the default flavour for the group as a whole (4 possible screens)

I just tested it with one of the screen in my group - I created a small script with just a refresh and a swithch flavour statement and then stuck that on the OnScreenHandler of that screen but it didn;t work - no error.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards.

Patrick.

nmkarthikeya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I am not wrong this is how the scenario is.(let me know otherwise).

Your tcode has one selection screen and 4 possible secondary screens(list).

Based on the input your secondary screen will be displayed.

Possible solutions.

Try using the switch flavor in the selection screen itself, based on the values entered on the selection screen Try to change the flavor.

You can have webrfc as well to determine which flavor to go based on the input.

Not sure how helpful this could be though.

Regards,

Karthikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthikeya.

The t-code has 4 screens that you move through in a linear way (although it is possible to jump around) and you start with a selection screen.

So the t-code actually has 4 'basic screens' but within personas there is only one basic screen appears as a tab which seems to be variable depending on what screen you happen to be on.

The default flavour doesn't seem to help me here as I seem to end up on the flavour that I have just come from - so if I move from screen 2 to screen 3, the flavour on screen 3 by default will be the one I used for screen 2 that I have just come from (you can't set a contextual default flavour)... BUT although the flavour appears to be (according to the tab) screen 2 - I'm actually looking at an aspect of the basic view of Screen 3.

This is confusing but I found an answer to this that others might find useful...

I end up on screen 3 but appear to be looking at screen 2. If I had come from screen 1, I would appear to be looking at screen 1 (according to the flavour tab) but again it would be a version of the screen 3 basic view.

So I created created a simple switch flavour script and linked it to the OnScreenHandler of each basic view version.

This works but you do see a flash of the duff version before the new flavour is established.

And I still seem to have a problem landing on the correct flavour when calling the t-code for the first time - I land on the basic view of screen 1 even though I have set the flavour for screen 1 as my default.

Regards.

Patrick.