cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuance of material before giving UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have came across one requirement, that user wants to ship goods before giving UD for the inspection lot which has created agaisnt production. This is required to save the time which taken to inspect the goods against the inspection lot. I have tried it by removing post to inspection stock in the inspection types, its working but still wants to explore more in a diffrent way.

I know this is not the standard SAP behaviour, but just wants the expert opinion from you guys.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have recommended to users is to receive the quantity to be shipped early into inventory. This results in the inspection lot creation. Now, without recording the usage decision, our QA group uses the Inspection Lot stock tab in the UD screen to manually post the quantity to unrestricted stock. The material is now available for shipping. The UD  can be recorded after the material is released once the inspection is complete.

These steps allow for QA to show control over the quantity  shipped early, document the total quantity of material posted and a complete inspection.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to use 'early lot creation'?

If no, please check the insp. lot control field on insp. setup of material master.

Regards