cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career with SAP and MBA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am Fresher with SAP ABAP as domain, I want to do MBA(stream not yet decided) in 2-3 years and i wan tot use the present SAP training and also want to do few SAP certification so they could boost my MBA. 

Which certifications should i do to understand business closely ? After doing my certifications is it necessary to do MBA or my certifications are enough for business knowledge ? what timeline should i plan for certifications and MBA ?.

Thank You

Omar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omar,

For MBA as well for SAP you should ask yourself which area of business is the most intersting for you. Like finance, HR, production, sales, logistics etc. Then chose your path accordingly. If you want to focus on the technical side like ABAP that would also be fine. Then you could work cross-business and might even do without and MBA and go for a Master of Science with focus on computer science instead or even skip the Master totally if you find a job with SAP ABAP. Of course a MBA would support your career as a ABAP team-lead or technical manager in the future.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas, It was really informative. So if i do SAP - ABAP with BO and BW certifications can i reall learn the business skills which will be equivalent to MBA skills?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omar,

I think you can do without an MBA, a bechelor might be enough. Still a Master will bring professional and personal benefits. So if you are still young and the costs are no problem or you don't find a job immediately then you could stilll go for the Masters. Then a Master of Science might be better, if you want to focus on technical work like ABAP and an MBA might be better of you want to focus on functional work or want to go to management.

Best regards,

Thomas