cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Flavour - copied scrpt and changed on screen refs but it doesn't work!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys - I have decided to follow Manu Kapur's lead and use a custom ABAP t-code rather than SMEN to build my Personas process on.

I had already written many scripts and I assumed that I could just copy them and change the screen references. I have tried this but it doesn't seem to work.

In this example I call CJ20N and create a new WBS Elememt based on some information copied from the screen.

The call works but it falls over on the line that is clicking a button to select and open a project. This works on my old screen but not on my new one - see the illustration below....

Can any spot the problem ... please.

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is, I think, in step 6. When you are in a custom transaction, to run another transaction you need to use "/ncj20" - simply using "cj20" won't work. You can only omit the "/n" when you are in the initial SMEN transaction. Also note that going "back" (using the back button or F3) from the called transaction will take you back to SMEN, and not your custom transaction. You need to go back using "/nztcode", for whatever tcode your custom transaction has.

Just remember that a Personas script is essentially driving SAPgui just as if you were typing at it directly. When you encounter puzzling behaviour, think about how it would work if you did it manually, and actually do it manually to see what's going on.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again Steve - spot on, many thanks.

Regards.

Patrick.

Answers (0)