cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft State and OData

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, at the moment i am testing the soft state support for OData.

Soft State Support for OData Services - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Unfortunately i am at a point where i don't know how to use the "stateful behaviour".

Regarding the above mentioned page i:

- redefined the methods OPERATION_START and OPERATION_END in my Data Provider Class (DPC)

- redefined the method DEFINE in my Metadata Provider Class (MPC) and enabled the soft state mode for the model

- activated the Soft State Processing Mode by set a session timeout in transaction SICF and activated the service for soft state mode in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

I have a simple SAPUI5 application with an OData model. When i start the SAPUI5 application in my browser and debug the OData service in the backend, i can see that the methods OPERATION_START and OPERATION_END are called.

But now i am having the problem that i don't know how to access the application server session or to store some session specific variables. I am also not sure whether or not a session is really reused in the backend as i am expected from a "stateful behaviour".

Does anybody knows more about the soft state support, has further documentation or ...?

Best Regards, Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Frank,

please have a look at my new how to guide:

that contains a step by step description.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Andre.

I perform all steps of this guide, but when i start SAPUI5 application, redifined method OPERATION_START called for all my request. and "stateful behaviour" do not work.

Do you know, what is problem?

Best Regards,

Nik

Answers (0)