cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum terminal connection reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our BW 3.0 system is upgraded to SAP Netweaver 2004's i.e BI 7.0. when a user logs in the system through GUI it gives an Pop up " Maximum terminal connections reached" and says no furthur connections possible.

May i know how can i solve this porblem?

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Seems its a problem related to IPC.Please update it.Ask your Networking/IT department they can do it.

Also follow SAP note Note 22099 - "maximum number of connected terminals reached

Reward points if useful

Message was edited by:

Rajat Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajath,

I have changed the parameter but even though i am getting error.

I can see in SM04 that a particular user logon sessions are increasing for every 30 min. The user is connecting the system though TCP/IP RFC.

Thanks for the reply,

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

What is total number of dialog processes in your system. Additionally what is the value of profile. paramter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp.I guess it is still the default value 1. Increase this value. Its value should be around one third of total dialog work processes.

Please award points if issue got solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

In our Dev system there are about 15 dialog workprocess and as you said the parameter value rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp is equal to 1. This is an development system that we are facing the problem. But we are not getting the error in quality and other landscape systems which are upgraded.

In Quality there are 7 dialog workprocess and the value of the parameter here is also equal to 1.

In Test system we have 36 Dialog Workprocess and the value of the parameter here is also equal to 1.

In both the above mentioned systems we are not facing the error "Maximum Terminal connections reached".

Will it be helpful if i change the parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

The profile parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp will define the number of dialog work process that need to remian free for other users and hence puts a bar on the maximum process that can be one user.

We have 24 work processes and the value of paramter is 8.

Please try this and let us know the results.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Answers (0)