Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman RFC's to 000 (ChaRM)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just upgraded from Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.1 SP8.

I'm just trying to clarify exactly what RFC's are required.

I know in 7.0 we needed RFC's setup to client 000 for each satellite system in ChaRM. Furthermore, we then required a user in 000 (for target systems) with RFC authorization and import authorization.

Is this still the case in 7.1? I thought I read somewhere that RFC's to 000 were no longer required but I can't remember where I read this.

Thanks!!!!

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The case is the same, you need to have RFC to 000 when you create the new maintenace cycle,(the rfc read the landscape from 000 of the domain controler)

But if you dont want to give access to 000 to your users, you can add the authorization to import to TMSADM, (this is no recommended for productive systems)

BR

@WenSolman

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wences

Yep fully realised this. But thats not my question.

I don't want to use RFC's to 000. But my above post (the red text) is what my question is referring to. If we were on Service Pack 9, we definitely wouldn't require any 000 RFC connections. But we are on SP8, so just confirming if the API's will override the 000 connections.

Thanks

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

No for SP8, rfcs to 000 is still required.

Also, Domain link is must while you are integrating the system.

Regards

Rishav

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just found note 1384598 which talks about the Harmonizing RFC setup.

After applying this correction to your managed systems the remote communication will be done using the SMSY RFCs. That is, the target of this communication will be always the target client of the action and not client 000 anymore (for example during an import).

Note: For technical reasons for solution manager SP08 or lower versions we still require SAP Solution Manager RFC destinations into client 000 of the domain controllers of all linked TMS transport domains.

As long as these APIs are not available in the target system, the old TMS remote infrastructure will be used, leading to client 000 in the target system.

This correction provides remote interfaces for the following functionalities:

1. 1. Import Transport Request
  2. 2. Display TMS Alert Monitor in managed system
  3. 3. Display TMS Import Monitor in managed system
  4. 4. Display Import History in managed system

We are on SP08. Does this mean I can setup the API's AND 000 RFC's....and ChaRM will use API's (not 000). If I only setup 000, it will use 000.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Shaun