cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Migration from Legacy system

ashish_tholiya
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Want to know what is the best practice to migrate the open invoices from the legacy system. Is it to create the FI documents directly or to create the SD Invoices as well. If SD invoices need to be created then the task will be cumbersome as the preceding documents will as well need to be created.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Create only the FI documents as Customer Open items.

ashish_tholiya
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bheem, I also have an opinion of going ahead with option of creating FI open customer items.

I was even suggested other option of creating the debit memo request followed by debit memos for the Open Invoices (from legacy system). This will avoid creation of delivery / shipments. But this option also doesn't seem to be feasible.

Any opinion, anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same situation in our project and we implemented the FI open items instead of creating other documents. It will reduce the load efforts as well as settling effort afterwards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I came across both the situations.  In one of my earlier projects, client insisted to upload even the billing data in SAP and we had to create LSMW for Sale Order creation, Delivery and Billing  for six months data prior to Go-Live, without impacting inventory side since sales team wanted to access sales data from SAP.  So it is upto client to decide which data to migrate into SAP but the best approach would be, as already suggested, to upload the open items directly in FI.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bheem,

What t-codes did business use to create these FI documents?

thanks!

TW

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FB70 - Outbound Invoice (FI)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

1. How many invoices do you have (or expect)?

2. What is your team's approach for deliveries which are not yet PGI (say picking is completed)

TW

ashish_tholiya
Discoverer
0 Kudos

1. 1K+

2. We are thinking of closing the open deliveries in legacy system. Approach still under discussion. Will post you, once we firm the approach.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already pointed out, there are many variations and it depends on what is the business requirement. In one rollout we've actually used deliveries without the order reference because we didn't need the order information, but we needed to consume the goods (PGI) and bill the customer from SAP.

If this has been answered, kindly close the discussion.