cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro Java 7.3 Adaptive Web Service Model --WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Has any one created the Web Dynpro Java Model and imported Adaptive Webservice WSDL from SAP PI (Process Infrastructure) system?

I'm trying to create the model as shown below and generated the Java proxy and created service group now my question is will that work? is there any example document/ tutorial on the similar one?

NWDS 7.3

AS Java 7.3

Importing WSDL from PI using model . Appreciate if you could point to the right direction?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

B- Second Method is via a service provider configuration:

1- Go to SOA -> Technical Configuration -> System Connections

2- From Provider System tab, click New

3- In the configuration wizard first step select SAP Process Integration, enter a system name, and description.

4- In the next step click Switch to Advanced Mode, select WSDL as the service source, enter the wsdl url, configure the security select SSO or no authentication for anonymous access or logon ticket access, or technical user for specifying user name and password for authentication. enter user name and password for downloading the wsdl, then click next.

5- complete the wizard with default, now you have the provider system created.

6- Go to Application Communication configuration, select the service group, and click edit, from the provider system drop down, select the created service provider, and click save

7- After few seconds, click the refresh button, the processing state should be Processed. If you get the state processed with warnings, that should still work, but you might click the show log error to see what is the warning. Your application now should be ready to consume the web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I have one question on the above scenario. I'm working on web dynpro java 7.3 version and trying to create the model imported the WSDL from PI. Now deployed on local(unit test server), so do I need to configure local system as Service Registry and also should I connect to PI system for interacting with PI system services during run time?? This is very important to know as I have configured my unit test server Service Registry and when I try to test web service from wsnavigator it says unable to identify PI system host.

Please advise on next steps and how to interact with PI during run time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is up and working fine now, after  configuring the Service Registry from the scratch.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2be46efcc531cbe10000000a

Thank you to all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dil,

Please find below two different ways to configure the service provider for a web service referenced by a service group, I will put them in two different comments

A- Manual Configuration:

1- From the SOA Manager Application Communication, select the service group, click Edit, and then select the web service you need to configure from the service group list of services, click Show Details link, and then from the configuration tab select Configure Manually.

2- In the first step of the manual configuration wizard, enter the web service WSDL URL, if the web service is secured, then you need to provide a username and password for accessing the web service wsdl. please note that this username and password will be used only to download the wsdl, not for invoking the web service at runtime.

3- then select the service end point

4- enter the service end point URL, this is picked up automatically from the WSDL, if you used the dev wsdl in the beginning in the configuration, you might need to update the wsdl to point to the test/production service url accordingly. otherwise leave the default.

5- configure the service security, if the service allows anonymous access, you can leave the security authentication as None. if the web service is secured, then you can select HTTP Authentication, and then select either username and password or Logon Ticket if you have the NW AS is a trusted system on the PI server.

6- Then click finish to complete the configuration wizard. now the processing state for the service group should be Manually Configured, please don't forget to Save the configuration. by this you application should be able to consume the web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you so much for providing detailed information with the screen shots. I'm currently following your first method of configuring and stuck with the WSDL URL, I have generated the WSDL using Integration directory scenario --> Sender Agreement --> right click and display WSDL and picked up the URL and provide the user ID and Password but getting the issue as shown in second screen

and no one from my customer place has done this so far so, having hard time to find the issue, googled but did not find any clue, appreciate if you can give me an idea to resolve the issue.

when I was configuring using the second method, I got the error "No connection set up to Service Registry" so the above issue is also related to Service Registry? should we need to configure Service Registry in NW AS 7.3 Java server first and try to configure the Consumer Service Group again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Dil,

The two issues are not related, for the second question, please don't click the selection button for the system name, just enter the system name directly in the system name textbox, and the system should accept it.

First the first error, please try the following to investigate the problem:

Go to NW AS (the client server) wsnavigator http://servername:50000/wsnavigator

and with the WSDL search type selected search the web service wsdl and try to invoke the web method.

if the wsnavigator fails to download the wsdl, that means probably that there is a connectivity issue between your NW AS and the PI server, as your Basis team to do telnet from the NW AS server to the PI server on port 50000. if telnet fails, that means there's a firewall between the two servers, and your network security team needs to allow the connection.

if you managed to download the WSDL but there's an error while invoking the server, please go to the SOA manager log on the PI server SOA--?Logs and Traces-->Connectivity Logging & Tracing

there you should be able to find detailed information about the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now when I try to search for the URL in http:<host>:50000/wsnavigator, I got the below error, and then I went to http://host:50000/nwa/middle-settings --> WS Navigator , I found the destinations, should I add/create a new http destination?

I did a telnet from NW server to PI development server it is working fine.

So sorry we are doing these configurations for the first time, your help is really appreciated.. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dil,

you need to white list the server name that hosts the web service before wsnavigator can invoke the web service.

please go to SOA-->Technical Configuration-->SOA Middleware Global Settings

go to the WS Navigator tab, and add the web service host to the white list and save

kindly mark this reply as helpful answer if resolves your wsnavigator issue

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

after adding the host as mentioned above I'm still getting the below error,  not sure what the issue is with the system, can any one point me the right thread or document to follow right after deployment on to the server to complete configuration. Or should I follow the below help document and configure the UDDI/Service Registry and try the below connections again? Please advice?

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2be46efcc531cbe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How about this document: Consuming Web Services in Web Dynpro Java  or Adaptive Web Service Model in the documentation. There are numerous other documents and tutorials here that describe this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/4189f6078a6f87e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm

Regards

Vijay K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay, it is really great documentation and examples, so as I said earlier I have created the web dynpro DC and model and consumed the WSDL--Adaptive web service model  (which is from middle-ware SAP PI system) and created the service groups along with the model,

and build and deploy the Web dynpro dc on to my local Web AS Java 7.3 server, now the issue is on the service group in local NW7.3 java server.

http://<host>:50000/nwa --> SOA-->Application and Scenario Communication--> Application Communication--> deployed web services it has only Consumed Service Group not the Provided Services, in other words I'm not able to configure the PI URL further to communicate with the PI web service in run time, any idea where to configure the provided services or how to enable the configuration as shown below to configure the PI URL?

Heard that the below URL can be sent to server using service groups, I have created the service group, but not has anything on NWDS to configure and deploy the URL to AS Java 7.3

Can any one please help me if this is the right way and also how to enable the configuration to configure the PI URL which will be interacting during run time.