cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Data Guard Redo Log Status Apply Problem on Primary Server and Standby Server are not the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I'm trying to install and configured oracle data guard using oracle ver 10.2.0.4 using LAN (Local Area Network) all is running well and no problem found.When I'm trying to install and configured oracle data guard on the same server ( I was scrapping the windows 2008 installation and using windows 2008 clean installation) using oracle ver 11.2.0.3 using LAN, redo log is succesfull transfered from primary server to standby server and redo log status for standby server if viewing on standby server is 'applied' but redo log status for standby server if viewing from primary server is 'not applied' and resolvable gap is detected on primary server. when i'm try to query gap using sql command from both server (primary and standby), the result look like this :

SQL> SELECT THREAD#, LOW_SEQUENCE#, HIGH_SEQUENCE# FROM V$ARCHIVE_GAP;

no rows selected

when i'm trying to stop oracle service on primary server and then start the oracle service again on primary server, redo log status for standby server if viewing from primary server is changed from 'not applied' to 'applied' and resolvable gap is still detected on primary server.

what's wrong with this ?it's an oracle 11.2.0.3 bug ?how to resolve that ?

does somebody has the same problem like that ?

My Server Configuration is :

SAP ECC 6.0

Oracle 11.2.0.3

Windows 2008 Server

Memory 64 GB

I'm appreciated for your answered.

Thank's before

Regards,

Rasid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)