cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add coloumn to a table in standard component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to add a coloumn to a standard table in FPM application.I am able to add the field to the context but i would like to know what code we need to write to display the data.

Can anyone send me some sample code to populate the  data to custom field along with the other fields as i am very much new to Webdynpro.

Thanks,

Neha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Hope your new column is visible in the table ui element.

Now, to populate the data to the new attribute, you need to find out the method where the data of standard table is being populated and you need to enhance the method "overwrite exit / post exit " to get data into your new field.

May be you need to search for a class which has logic implementation for your component.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Column is visible in the table.The same attribute is already getting the data in other tab from a badi.

My query is if we enhance the badi will the attribute in the component gets the data in the table during the run time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Neha.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Yes the data should be transferred, if the attribute is from same structure and its being used in context node using structure reference.

Update the logic to fill the attribute and it should carry over till your WDA screen if there are no updates  in between method calls.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnappa,

Thanks for the info.The attribute is from a different structure. I willl try to add it to the other structure and will update u.

So in Webdynpro Component we just need to create the attribute and bind it right??

Regards,

Neha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

My requirement is same as given in the thread.

Can you suggest something on this.

Where coding needs to be done exactly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Neha.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please refer to the below thread

In the above thread, there is a link provided to a pdf document which clearly explains the steps to add new field/column in Shopping Cart.

Note: login credentials required to access the pdf file e.g. user: S0000*****

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Are you working on any feeder class?If yes, check the GET_DATA method.

Or else can you please share the info of which component you are working on, such that it makes easier to ahead.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the update.

I am using

Component  /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD.

view  V_SC_DOTC_BASIC

Regards,

Neha.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

PFB wiki which helps you to add columns.

Adding column in Shopping cart screen in SAP SRM 7.0 - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

Check the below link to reflect the data in added columns.

Hope you can get over it.

BR,

RAM.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the method where the other table fields are populating, then enhance the method to populate the extra field.

Regards,

Kiran