cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Data Replication in MDG-S using BRFplus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to do the automatic data replication of the vendor in MDG-S using BRFplus?

Below is the link from SAP for the automatic replication for MDG-M.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803459cf-5a74-3010-5d8f-eb638b0b2...

This document explains to insert a post method(DISTRIBUTE_MATERIAL) in class CL_USMD_DISTRIBUTION_SERVICES.  What method we have to enhance because I do not see a method for the vendor to enhance.

Are there any OSS notes to be implemented for the replication of Vendor?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The link is only relevant for material. For MDG-S, all you need to do is insert a "replication" step in your BRF+ single step table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Do you mean that we have to insert custom change request step no for replication in GET_AGENT decesion table for SAP delverd Classic WF Template (\WS5310044) ?

And no need for any BADI activation?

What about rule base workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I'm talking about the rule-based workflow template WS60800086. In the single step table, you can insert a non-agent step. Then, in the corresponding non-agent table entry, enter processing template "replication."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thanks for reply.

For rule base WF, is it possible without activation of any BADI? For classic WF Template like WF5310044 is it not possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdullah and Sanjay.

I followed the suggestion of Abdullah and it's working fantastic.

This is what I did, The link in this thread does have what needs to be done in BRF+. Follow the rules and it will work.

Appreciate both of you for the responses

-Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a way to set this up  :

For Create scenario - the requirement is to manually 'push' the vendor out of the HUB (via the 'Replicate' functionality . (on the search page)

But for all the other scenarios (change, block/unblock flag/unflag for deletion) the replication is required automatic.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't add the replication step in the BRF+ configuration for the create scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats exactly what we did - but the auto replication is happening in create scenario too !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to look into how DRF is configured. You should not schedule the replication job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DRF is configured exactly as per config guide.

Have not scheduled any program. Which specific program are you referring to ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

DRF_OUT can be scheduled.

Also, you need to look into the activation step. There is a replication flag and if that is set, then replication will be triggered right after activation (meaning that the replication step in the workflow is pointless).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should create a new question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious... why the recommendation is to add the replication step when the replication is triggered on activation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDG-M has an explicit check to disable replication upon activation. There, a replication step makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and MDG - S does not have this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Can you tell me about deployment options for MDG?

For MDG HUB automatic replication is also possible for MDG S. For immediate replication you have to refer same document and activate BADI. But for manual schdule replication there is no need for BADI activation. It is taken care by replication model and it;s replication timing customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for the reply.

We have MDG hub and we are in 6.1.

The SAP document explains for the MDG-M and it enhances DISTRIBUTE_MATERIAL method. Do I have to create any new method for MDG-S for automatic replication using BRFplus?

I was expecting a method for Vendor like DISTRIBUTE_VENDOR or DISTRIBUTE_BP. I do see a method like DISTRIBUTE_BO. Is that the method to be used for automatic replication of vendor?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Not sure about method to be used. Please contact SAP for this but I got reply long back that for immediate replication only we need activation of BADI and interface methods, for schedule replication it is not required