cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Request Approval Workflow - TS20000189 - Enter and Send Short Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am using standard task 20000189 to manage the Travel Request when it needs to be reviewed (activity 479 Change trip).

On the APPROVER SIDE

When I test my workflow, and I choose Send travel request back for corrections, I expect to have a popup or something similar to what I get with standard task TS20000139 when I reject a Travel Request (Tcode SWUS / Create Document & Send).

Instead I get a new email notification and a new workflow in my inbox Send Reason Text for Trip Correction that I need to execute in order to send the message to the traveller... Where is this mail notification setting up??

On the TRAVELER SIDE

It gets a mail notification as in TS20000189 saying that he needs to change his request.

Is that normal? How can I get the same result as in task TS20000139?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

On the approver side:

As per the standard workflow process, when approver send request back for corrections, there is no option to enter rejection reasons for task TS20000189, if you want to add rejection reasons for that, you need to write the logic which is working for task TS20000139. In this time, remember, TS20000189 is used to send for initiator (traveller) and TS..139 for the approver.

"Instead I get a new email notification and a new workflow in my inbox Send Reason Text for Trip Correction that I need to execute in order to send the message to the traveller..."

what is your role here? If you are executing this workflow via SWUS, you are the traveller as well as approver. Mention your role.

On the traveller side:

Its normal process.

Regards.

Murali Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

thanks for your answer.

TS..139 (enter and send message) and TS..189 (change trip) are effectively assign to resp. approver and traveller.

Regarding my role, I am the approver.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

first of all, what frontend means are you using for the approval process, POWL with hybrid-workflow integration or plain Workflow and UWL? Or are you completely working over the Backend Transactions?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

we are using UWL. But first of all, I am testing travel request WF in the backend.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

I think I now understood what you want.

First of all to rule out misunderstandings: The Trip status is always set in the decision task TS20000118. Neither TS20000139 nor TS20000189 have any technical impact on the process, they're both entirely there for editorial purposes (to make the process better understandable by sending out notifications etc.).

Here's a suggestion from my side, what I did in our company: After copying the workflow I completely removed the action for "Send Back for Correction" from the UWL configs and the WF-Template, because technically it is the same as being rejected, i.e. the status is set to 1-0. I then replaced TS20000139 with a custom task sending an HTML-based mail to the Requester, because it looks better than the standard WF Mail.

Anyway, what you could do, in case the "send back for correction" action has no real purpose in your business process, is, removing it from the template and be done with the problem. Let me know what you think about that.

Cheers, Lukas