Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel run of SNP Optimiser & Heuristics in bacground

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As a requirement, we are running SNP optimiser in active version and SNP Heuristics in a simulation version and then compare result.

Both are being run in a sequence.

In order to save time, we want to run it in parallel.

Need to know if I run both version in parallel, does it have any issue. Because T Lane is common master data in both version.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Pradipta Sahoo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradipta,

Yes it's possible but you need to have different models and versions.

So, if you copy model 000 with version 000 you have to copy them in model TEST_000 with version TEST_000.

You can do this in t.code /SAPAPO/MVM - model and version management.

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

Its true t-lane is model specific. So, there is a chance of locking issue when you run both the jobs in parallel. But since all the transactional data are of version specific, theres should not be any issue, because there is no chance of using the same t-lane for the same order (as it is version specific).

Also, not all the t-lane fields are model specific. Like transport-cost is version specific. I believe you are using this field as you are running optimizer.

I suggest, you go for this testing in your quality system and analyze. When you run this type of main planning job in both version, you should make sure that, you have enough space/work process available to process a large number of data set.

Also you need to make sure there is no cyclic T-lane exist.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Satyajit