Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misbehavior of Alerts in Alert Configuration in SAP 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks in advance can anyone  walk me me thru the issue

How to track/trace what made the system not populating the container variables for one scenario and get populating for another scenario?

what sort of areas i should look into?

i want to troubleshoot it can you suggest any solution

My Questions are

1.How does Container Variables Gets Populated in an Alert Configuration?

I created Alerts in alert category successfully even i am getting mails when i trigger them but the problem is when i check my mail / alert inbox the short / long text of the Message shows only the text written but i included container variables like SXMS_MSGUID , SXMS_TO_SERVICEetc..

created alert category in ALRTCATDEF

Added container variables with suitable ABAP dict Types

Used container variables as expressions in short & long Text

In ALRTCATDEF ----> Settings -----> checked write log

In SCOT all the settings like default domain and host mail were maintained

I added ALERT rule and updated table too but still not subscribed as it throws some BSP error

Now when I trigger alerts using SE38----> RSALERTTEST

I am getting a mail as shown below

How these variables get populated ?

Eg;

Alert ID: ##00158##

Error (category................ ) was found in a Message ...............  from the interface ......... to the interface .............

"............" - will have contain variables used they should be populated to show us message

It was in SAP PI 7.1 Version

Can any one suggest me to how get out of this?

2. Why Container Variables Getting Populated in an Alert Configuration for  a scenario and  not gettin...

I got an alert into my email inbox for one HCM_to_xxxxxx but this time the variables all got populated

Eg;

Alert ID: ##00125##

Error xxxxxx (category xxxxxxxx) was found in a Message xxxxxxx  from the interface xxxxxx to the interface xxxxxx

To dicuss more

Skype ID- sanjeev9989892483

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also if you specify alert rules based on your sender system and reciever system and if you miss any rules(for some process flows)  in the alert rules configuration specific to your inbound flow or outbound flow, there is a possibility that your alert configuration might miss some scenarios.. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

In Alert Configuration while defining alert rules

i used alert category i created, gave long description ,selected radio button "no restriction" where did this error occur and all other fields / inputs as * so as to capture all the failures

See The problem is

One of the Mapping alerts created were working fine and the Adapter failure alerts are not doing well in production , So again i created a alerts for adapter failures in DEV system and triggering using RSALERTTEST i am getting e-mail but as i mentioned in earlier discussion the container variables are not getting populated

Why the system fills those of Mapping alert container variables not the Adapter alert container variables ?

How to troubleshoot theissue?

Can u please suggest something to fix ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev ,

What si your main issue in Production : when you say---One of the Mapping alerts created were working fine and the Adapter failure alerts are not doing well in production.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes then

to test whether the alert configuration properly made or not and makes changes accordingly but before making changes in DEV to that particular alert category migrated to PROD

Test Purpose:

i just created a new alert category similar to adapter failure alert in DEV

as shown in the snapshots and triggered running RSALERTTEST i am getting email but the container variables are not getting populated . If they got populated i would have replace this with that in DEV and then migrate it to PROD which keeps working for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Did you get any solution to fix the issue? if so please do share me

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

qq-> Did you identify the message(alert) for which the container variable are not getting populated?

If it is a communication channel failures(sender) then you might not get the container variable data.

However if the failure is in IE/AE receiver cc's you should get all the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the alert for one specific say Mapping alert for which the container variables are getting populating and the alert for another specific say Adapter alert for which container variables are not getting populated

When i created a Alert Rule ----> where did this error occur ? i selected radio button No Restriction

However the container variables are not getting populated , may i get out of the issue ?