Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Logon issue after Upgrade to NWBC 5.0

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We installed the NWBC 5.0 & SAPGUI 7.40 upgrade. The NWBC 5.0 works fine; however when we try to the "normal" SAPGUI login via the SAP Logonpad, we got the error message window "Error Parsing SAP GUI Command line ....."  (see print screen attach below).

I am assuming that this is due to new\missing config entries in the SAPUILandscape.xml in the Appdata\Roaming directory (???). I would thought the conversion from saplogon.ini to SAPUILandscape.xml happens automatically, is anybody aware as if manual intervention is still necessary.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

Seems like SAP GUI 7.40 has been getting a lot of feedback (over 100 comments and counting) over on the SAP GUI space

Appears to be some "undocumented" new "features". I haven't come across the specific error you are getting but might be worth asking over there.

Hth,

Simon

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeap ... Saw several response seems to be similar to mine. Funny thing, if we only install SAPGUI 7.40 and exclude NWBC 5.0; everything works fine (probably because no conversion occur).

I tried uninstall SAPGUI 7.40, NWBC 4.0, NWBC 5.0 (Can't remove NWBC 4.0; without removing NWBC 5.0 -- another bug!?) and then re-install SAPGUI 7.40 and NWBC 5.0 again. This turn out to be even worst ... Even my SAPGUI logonpad is NOT launching. Or to be precise, it takes 15++ minutes for it to launch!!! Upon tracing, looks like saplogon.exe was active as a process background; but something was suppressing it. Now, even my NWBC 5.0 will NOT launch.

Have to agree, this patch is way too unstable. Hopefully SAP will come up with a fix real soon ..

Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201768
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am still facing the same issue.

Please let me know if you have got the solution.

Thanks and Regards,
Murtaza Najmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtaza,

please install NBWC PL 8 and Hotfix for SAP GUI.

That help.

regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

The following note might be helpful:
-----------

2077230 - SAP Logon (Pad) 740: missing SAPRouter string for system entry and error "hostname 'NiHLGetNodeAddr' unknown"

-----------

Best regards,
Cheng