cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error PROXY_NOT_ALLOWED_ON_IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are using XI 3.0 and we are getting the error PROXY_NOT_ALLOWED_ON_IS when sending through the standard CatalogUpdateNotification interface in SRM. We have defined XI as the Integration Server in transaction SXMB_ADM. The corresponding http connection indicated in the field "Corres. Integration Server Destination" contains the path prefix /sap/xi/engine?type=entry. We have also defined our SRM system as Application System and the corresponding http destination for this has the path prefix /sap/xi/engine?type=receiver.

We have elevated this problem to SAP OSS and the reply we got was:

"It is not possible to use the XI Integration Server as a proxy sender orreceiver.

What you must do is configure another business system to act as the proxy sender/receiver. This other business system can be a client of theXI Integration Server."

As far as we know, we did not configure our XI Integration Server as the proxy sender/receiver. Are there any other settings that we need to check or configure to fix this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

Instead of giving the path in the field "corresponding integ.server", try to give ur rfc destination(type H) name ( Eg like "dest://INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI" ) and in the corresponding http destination give the path prefix as "/sap/xi/engine?type=entry".

Hope it shud resolve ur problem.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

Do let us know whether ur problem has been solved r not.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi and Prateek,

Thanks for your replies! I have followed your advice, namely configure another client as the proxy sender/receiver. This has solved the PROXY_NOT_ALLOWED ON_IS error; however, another error came up: INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR.

<SAP:Category>XIProxy</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="ABAP">INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>ifmmessif</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>CatalogUpdateNotification_Out</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>http://sap.com/xi/EBP</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>No implementing class registered for the interface (type ifmmessif, name CatalogUpdateNotification_Out, namespace http://sap.com/xi/EBP )</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Please advice on what else to do.

Thanks,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joy,

Can you elaborate your requirement here. What is your sender system? What is your target system? What is the data you are trying to send?

Regarding your error, this error means, you have not created a proxy for the particular interface in your target system.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

The error u got "INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR"indicates that there is no ABAP proxy generated for that interface (transaction SPROXY).

Check if the namespace for both the systems r same or nt.

Also check if u had implemented execute.syncronous method for inbound interface if required

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jai and Prateek,

I am trying to load items into the catalog using the program BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG. We are using CCM 2.0 on SRM 5.0. After I execute the said program, an XML is sent to XI from SRM through the proxy interface CatalogUpdateNotification_Out. XI should then, in turn, send back the XML through the proxy interface CatalogUpdateNotification_In.

I have checked the namespace of CatalogUpdateNotification_Out in SRM and XI, and they are both under the namespace http://sap.com/xi/EBP. I have also tried regenerating CatalogUpdateNotification_Out in SRM.

Prateek, where can I view and activate the execute.synchronous method for the inbound interface?

Thanks,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

This is the reason I asked for the sender/receiver details. You are not supposed to create another client in XI and run the scenario. What you need to do is <b>activate ABAP proxy for your SRM system</b> and run the scenario.

Note: You are not required to create a proxy manually. This is a standard interface and the proxy code already exists in your SRM system.

Ref: /people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies for activating ABAP proxy

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Both CatalogUpdateNotification_Out and CatalogUpdateNotification_In have long been activated in our SRM system, and yes, they are obviously SAP-delivered. I have also regenerated and reactivated them just to make sure that they are working. In addition, all the configuration steps indicated in the weblog you specified have been performed even before this problem was encountered.

Is there anything else I should check?

Regards,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joy,

>>Both CatalogUpdateNotification_Out and CatalogUpdateNotification_In have long been activated in our SRM system

I do not get this. Since the objects are pre delivered. You are <b>not</b> supposed to activate/change/regenerate them. All you have to do is use them in your scenario. Just execute the scenario in SRM and check for the msg in SXMB_MONI in SRM system. You should see the msg here. Do you get any error here?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no errors in SXMB_MONI of SRM. The error INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR occurs in SXMB_MONI of XI.

What I meant by "Both CatalogUpdateNotification_Out and CatalogUpdateNotification_In have long been activated in our SRM system" is that both interfaces have been active and they were never modified both in SRM and XI. I have, however, regenerated and reactivated them hopefully to resolve INTERFACE_REGISTRATION_ERROR. Unfortunately, this didn't work either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joy,

Just a quick check. In SXMB_MONI of your XI, check the msg. What is the value you find for sender service and receiver service. Check if receiver service is SRM system and not XI system.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joy,

Just a quick check. In SXMB_MONI of your XI, check the msg. What is the value you find for sender service and receiver service. Check if receiver service is SRM system and not XI system.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

The sender service is the SRM system, while the receiver service is blank.

Thanks,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the receiver determination object in ID. It should have the sender system as the same you find in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

We defined receiver determination for the interface CatalogUpdateNotification_In only. The sender and receiver service for this is the SRM system. Is there anything else we need to add?

Regards,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a reciver determination with the following details

Sender: SRM

Interface : CatalogueUpdateNotification_Out

Receiver:SRM

Interface :CatalogueUpdateNotification_In

Click on the msg in SXMB_MONI and see at which step the error has occured.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

U should have two client (like 100 and 200) for Proxy calls from/to XI. Client 100 has to be configured as Intergration server and client 200 as application system.

TCODE - SXMB_ADM

if you set your client as HUB then you cannot use proxies

if you set it as application server then you can use proxies

<i>

[Reward points if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek