cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between vl06 and likp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to run a report in vl06 under list of outbound deliveries and table likp (delivery header) but it does not generate the same output although its selection criteria is exactly the same. Please help me on this matter why it happens. Thank you.

Reyna Agustin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi

The difference is that Vl06 is doing an inner join on both table LIKP + VBUK and that VL06 will only display documents with document category (LIKP-VBTYP) corresponding to Delivery (VBTYP=J) and Returns delivery (VBTYP=J).

For example shipping notifaction (VBTYP=7) are not displayed with VL06 but are present in table LIKP.

Regards

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's also possible that you have a filter set. In the list you can check this via menu option 'Edit -> Delete filter'.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reyna

Most of the VL06* transaction select from an index or matchcode for performance reasons. This depends on the release. 46C and earlier used matchcodes while 470 and later use indexed, e.g.shp_idx_gdsi for VL06G. VL06F, on the other hand uses LIKP directly. Strange results can be seen in these transactions if the matchcodes/indexes are not correct. SAPMACO is used to correct matchcodes and for release 470 and later there is report RLE_SHP_IDX_TABLE_MAINTAIN. This report is especially important if you upgrade from less than 470 release into 470 or higher.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly you wanted to acheive...please explain?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to know the explanation on the difference of the report generated from vl06 list of outbound deliveries vs. the data that i got from table likp. Why there are times even I had exactly the same criteria on vl06 and table likp, I didn't get the same output e.g. delivery number and I got more information from table likp rather than in vl06. How does vl06 run and achieve the report or information it provides to the user. Thank you.

Reyna Agustin