cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get position of cursor and its cell value in wda alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,all

I have a requirement to get the position of cursor in webdynpro alv and get the value from that cell when I click custom button

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be a common question on scn regarding webdynpro. I had the similar requirement in previous project and found this document useful.

As mentioned by both Rama and Kiran, you need to use the ALV events over here.  eg: on_data_check.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80a3de18-ee00-2d10-bfb3-946d7e00f...

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the value of the cell where the cursor is placed, you can get it in ON_ACTION/ON_DATA_CHECK event handler method but it can trigger on ENTER key press.

So, either you need to suggest user to press enter key on particular cell to get the value of that cell.

As suggested by Kiran, let us know your exact requirement. So that we could suggest other possible solution.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

I have another requirement ,please give me suggestion!

How to implement custom sorting function button in wda alv ,it to complete the standard sort of like ALV FM.  which can select  multiple columns ,Hierarchical ordering

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no provision for custom sorting in WDA ALV, there already exists a built-in multi column sorting. You cannot get the selected columns for custom sorting.

But, if you want to sort a particular column(s), you can create a custom button in Toolbar (say sort by <field> ) and on Action of that sort the internal table based on the field and then bind back the internal table to the ALV context node.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible. you need to press enter on the Cell(if input field and value is changed then ON_DATA_CHECK can be used).  Please let know your requirement and an workaround solution may be suggested.

Regards,

Kiran