cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SAP Gateway for Mobile enablement for ChaRM approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is requirement to install SAP Netweaver Gateway in a standalone machine, connect and configure to SAP Solution manager 7.1 SP11.

The purpose is, Mobile enablement for Change Management Approval Application. and  Business users will be accessing Solution manager from their mobile.

(Planned) SAP Netweaver Gateway version : SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 with SP09

OS & DB : Windows  2008 R2 & SQL Server 2008 R2

I have gone through SAP Gateway configuration guide.

In short, please advise how to achieve this ?

Thanks, Ganesh

Tags edited by: jitendra kansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

SAP already has a native (Android and iOS) apps for the same functionality. You can check here before you start building your own. Mobile Applications for SAP IT Service Management - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manage...  (Yes, it is Free!)

Are you planning to do it using UI5? I see that this app uses Gateway services as well. If you want to rebuild the app using UI5, I would suggest re using these Gateway services if it suits.

regards

Krishna

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna to mention this !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andre and Krishna,

Am closing this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

please have a look at my .

Gateway is however installed on every Solution Manager so that the SolMan server can run as an embedded system.

It is also possible to configure a standalone Gateway Server and configure SolMan as a backend.

Best Regards,

Andre

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andre,

"Gateway is however installed on every Solution Manager". Nice surprise. I did not know that. Do you know from what release of SolMan this is a standard ?

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

as of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 there is a guided procedure available. Gateway will be installed and can be activated as part of the SP06 upgrade.

With Solution Manager 7.1 SP05 you were required to manual installation of the SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0.

Best Regards,

Andre