cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: what is the difference between "Assign" and "Share" flavors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

This is a practical question.

I have made an app containing a set of flavors. Now I want to "publish" it to other users who has been put into a group. Here is what I did:

First try (not working): In my app, I "share" all my app falvors to the specific group. But when I logged on Personas as another user in teh group (for testing), I cannot navigate to other flavors.

Other try (working one): In admin tool, I "assign" all my app flavors to the group, and then it works fine when I logged on Personas as another user in the group.

I see the use of "Share" flavors is to allow others to access them.

Can anyoone explain:

1. What is the essential difference between "Assign" and "Share" flavors?

2. What is the special need or reason for having both ways in Personas?

3. Why didn't it work in my First try above?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Sharing flavor with other users will make it available in their flavor gallery, so the other user need to open flavor gallery and add to profile if they need the flavor.

Assigning flavor will directly add the flavor to the other user, so it will be readily accessible on flavor bar.

Users definitely dont want to see all the flavors shared with them on flavor bar. Hence it is made available in flavor gallery and they can decide if they want to add to profile or not. Hence Sharing is different from Assigning.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Share actually gives them read only access and they can view the flavor. Not sure why it was not working for you.