cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tremble in the windows taskbar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a weird situation using the Windows GUI 7.3 final version via our Citrix portal accessing it via Chrome.

Whenever I move with the mouse over an icon in a SAP screen a new task opens in my windows taskbar, disappears when I move further and appears with another text when I reach the next icon.

This happens sometimes even when I move the mouse over a field label.

This becomes pretty quick annoying as this even causes that the screen becomes inactive and all what you type does not make it to the fields.

Our helpdesk is pointing to Chrome, however I haven't installed anything on the day when it started.

I prepared a video to show this behavior:

Has anybody seen this too and knows how to switch this off?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a new one to me. I can't quite make out any of the text on the taskbar button that keeps appearing, but that icon reminded me of the old TOR application. However, that would be an odd thing on a business network, so I'm sure it's not that. Are you able to capture what it is that is popping in and out?

So you're using Chrome to access the Citrix portal, and from there launching the Windows desktop version of the GUI. Did I understand that correctly? What is the patch level of the GUI?

--Matt

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Patch level is 8. Yes you understood correct.

The description on the task is nothing else than the field label

I just found the root cause.

It is in the GUI Options > Interaction Design > Notifications 

Tooltip delay was set to Medium 0.5 seconds.

I changed it to No Tooltip and this behavior disappeared.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting, still, that the tooltip showed up in the taskbar instead of hovering over the field like we normally expect. I wonder if that particular behavior is some other setting, or an artifact of being used via Citrix.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The tooltip came as well on its usual place, where it is gone now too.

I suspect some some other setting too, as it worked well last Thursday morning from home, and when I came back from a meeting and started the connection again I got a pop-up (Google connection center) with a JAVA sign instead the usual download of an exe-file .

And since I belong to the generation "never-change-a-running-system" it must have been caused by something else.

I got then the usual pre-texts: Home equipment is not supported, Compliance requirements, we only did a change for 5 minutes and turned it back, your logon must have fallen into that time...

Usually the strange behaviors disappear then over night  by itself -  after a ticket was created - but unfortunately not this time.

Thanks for the interest