cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM - Sampling Procedure in QP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM gurus,

Sampling Procedure is not allowing me to enter FA, which is quantitative fixed values.

It gives me the error on the second screen shot when I try FA. It will take MM02, which is qualitative.

Refer the below images and suggest further.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the original screenshot you show that the characteristic does not have an upper or lower limit, however the sampling procedure, per the valuation mode, you are trying to add needs an upper or lower limit or both.

If the characteristic truly does not have a limit, you might use a sampling procedure with a manual validation mode. If the result does have limits, you can add the limits, after updating the appropriate control indicators in the plan, and the FA sampling procedure should work. 

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

I think there is something wrong with the  valuation mode in sampling procedure FA!

Check it!

BR

Mishuang Zhao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, can you please share what valuation mode you have maintained in sampling procedure FA?

If you have maintained 200-Attributive inspection number of defects; then it doesn't suit to quantitative MIC. Try changing it or create new Sampling Procedure with new valuation mode.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Im a PM guy supporting QM issues.

Request you to please guide me along.

Please let me know where i can check the below

- what valuation mode you have maintained in sampling procedure FA?

The insp char no is 2096 - not able to enter FA..

aniket_gautam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

i  think you need to activate the "Defect Recording" check box under the Control indicators for the MIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket,

Kindly guide me how to reach to that config path ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mudassar,

Aniket has already indicated where the check box is.. under the control indicators for the MIC.  It's not config.  Please do some research on this, this is fairly basic stuff with regards to sampling procedures and MIC's.  How the valuation is done in the sampling procedure has to match the type of MIC being used.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I try to simulate the similar test case and click on defect recording checkbox in control indicator for quantitative MIC and use sampling procedure with valuation mode 200 it ends up with the same error message!

I think this depends upon the valuation rule and FM used in it that is defined in customization for that valuation mode.

SPRO > Quality Management > Quality Planning > Basic Data > Sample, SPC > Define valuation Mode > Define Valuation Mode - Here valuation rule is maintained as 20 for 200 valuation mode.

And when I go to valuation rule details in the same path I find FM QEBR_FAILURE_VALUATION is assigned. This is the deciding factor I guess

@ Mudassar - Go to QDV3. Input sampling procedure as FA as in your case. Then hit ENTER. You can see which valuation mode is defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Please see the below image - QDV3 - FA - enter

I want to see FA option in the sampling procedure Search (f4)

Below image shows QS23 for that MIC 2096

Please guide me on how to get FA as an option in sampling procedure.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set a tolerance for the insp. characteristic if you want to use the FA.

(Upper or lower or both)

If it doesn't have any limit, you should use another sampling procedure.

Regards

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Do-Wook Kim here! Its pretty clear now from the screen shots that the valuation mode that is being used in sampling procedure FA suits to quantitative MIC only if the check-boxes for lower, upper specific limits are set in control indicators. It is all defined in configuration of valuation modes which type if MICs it suits to!

You should update these indicators in QS23 and then use in inspection plan.

Just one addition from my side here - We should be careful while changing valuation mode in any sampling procedure especially if the same is used in other inspection plans. It affects all other MICs. It is always better to change the MIC indicators in plan rather than changing valuation mode in sampling procedure.

As far as this problem is concerned you can modify the indicators of MIC and try! It should work

Anand