Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load files in to DIRS when in Released status

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client is using DMS from quiet some time. Recently due to server failure many files were not uploaded in to DIRS but DIRS were released.

Now he wants to do this excerise of loading the missed files in to the DIRs this is only for few of them hence we deicded to do to manully changing the configs. We have standard configs but i am not able achieve it.

I tried removin RE flag for the RE status, I tried setting the status of RE from locked to no status. I removed "Complete for ECM" also but anything i do the button to uplaod the document is still greyed out.

I checked many existing threads but was not able to get proper answer.

Any suggestions here please would be of great help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Maruthi,

Check with user , what Mr prasad suggests you need to go with new version for same DIR.

Regards,

Chandu.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

Make sure document type document status 'IN WORK' set status type with 'I' .  Here after system will allow you attach documents even after document is released  when you change the status RE to IW in CV02N.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is solved please close thread with assumed answer.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

You suggestion was very good one. But it doesnt work in my case. I missed to infomr one important thing in my intial post. The DIRS are released and they are linked with ECOs and ECOs are also released. So as soon as i use the T code CV02n for these DIRS system will state that ECM has been released hence it doesnt allow me to view the DIR even i change mode. Now how to take it further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You cannot modify for the released Document Info Records (DIR), As per your above info the Document Info Records already used in ECM process. The best way to store all the Original attachments is try to create new versions of those DIRs and upload the Original attachments.

I have one more work-around solution in my mind, but i have not tested. Try to change the status of those documents using this BAPI "BAPI_DOCUMENT_SETSTATUS". If this works, then try to upload Original attachments to the DIRs.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prasad, Thanks for the ideas the initial i proposed was also the same to create the new versions of the DIR but users are not ready to accept this solution. Now pending is the BAPI set status. I have not worked with BAPIs, can u please suggest me how to test or use this BAPI so that i can do it right away.