Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Char based substitution during ATP check

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Product is MTS.. The scenario is char based stock check.

Regular char based stock check is configured and working fine..

Query -

I would like to understand basic behavior of char based substitution---

If a char has multiple values (say A and B) in sales order and if there are 2 batches with one value is each. (i.e. A in batch 1 and B in batch 2)

Will it treat the requirement as either A or B and commit both batches?

In line with this, I would like to know if char with 'multiple values allowed' works in char based substitution. is it in conflict with the scenario?

What are the additional settings for char based substitution to take place ?

I have defined char substitution procedure (in RBA04) and rule determination (in SAPCND/AO11) but the substitution is not taking place.

Can it be done without condition technique like in product substitution?

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

YR,

I see your requirement, however, per my experience, it is not something standard SAP SCM 7.0 can give you easily. Simple Production sub/Location sub with MTS products works fine, in conjunction with ECC.

We tried to go down the path of making the sub's work @ char level & were hit severly by performance issues, had to drop it completely. Our requirements were a little complicated - to be able to consider during substitution any product that would be say 0.5 inches to an inch wider than the entered product. It was a pain to get it working..

There is a functionality in ECC 6.0 called Enhanced Material Search that has capabilities to do some search based on multiple "Close by plants" & for "a set of materials that you could search". Makes life easier & gets you a couple of steps closer. Pls google this out & you'll find some pdf's that'll give u a sense of what it is. Might be useful for you.

Let us know if you find some luck.

Thanks

Answers (0)