cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BRM Integration with NW BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on a Process Orchestration setup and currently trying to build a test scenario for BRM Integration with BPM.

I followed the blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47066 to create a BRM ruleset for picking up an approver name based on the Order Number.After creating the ruleset,I generated the wsdl and imported the same in an automatic activity in NW BPM.

When trying to execute the BPM,it stops at the automated activity step.The BRM is not getting called from the BPM.When I imported the wsdl in soap ui and tried testing the same,it neither gives an output nor an error.

Are there any conditions to be written in the rule for the decision table to be executed.Currently I am using this :

If

Boolean.TRUE

Equals Boolean.TRUE

+

Then 

Evaluate-DecisionTable:: POApprover

Please could you let me know if I am missing something here and if there are possibilities to debug the BPM in a better way.Kindly let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you have exposed the ruleset as webservice, first you should test the webservice independently before trying to use it in BPM. If the test is not successful, there might be some issue with the ruleset.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman and Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply.I will try both the approaches and see if I can get it working.

Hi Sunil,

I tried importing the brm wsdl in soap ui and testing the same.It neither gives the output nor returns an error message.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Induja..If you get stuck somewhere I can help you out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

As per your blog,the purpose of creating four interfaces is to use them in mapping to add the udf calling the BRM right?And should we import this mapping in BPM and use it in an automatic activity?

As there are four interfaces that you have mentioned,I am a bit confused as to how the four would be used.Please could you throw some light on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Induja,

1.Mapping is used to call BRM table,Yes this should be imported in BPM and used as automated activity..

2. Four Interfaces are required

1st Outbound Interface-File to PI

2nd Inbound Interface-PI to BPM

3rd Outbound Interface- BPM to PI

4th Inbound Interface -PI to FIle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying this in our test server and the BRM was not getting called there.However,when I tried creating a BRM in the client server for a POC,it started working and the BRM is getting called.I imported the same in a BPM and for now the process is working.

I will use the part with PI Integration now for using synchronous RFCs in the design.I shall get back to you in case of any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Induja.all the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Induja,

As your business rule is to calculate the approver, probably you want to use it directly in you business process, it's recommended for performance to not consume it as a web service reference. Plus it's much easier to integrate with.

You can create the ruleset directly in the same business process development component, and call it directly in the mapping expression of your process. the beauty here is you can also use the same schema types of your process context data object while defining your rule input and output, so it will be easy for you to map the input and output while calling the rule function. screenshot below, and under it the steps to implement this.

1- Create your ruleset in the same process development component, under Process Modeling --> Rule Sets (above screenshot).

2- In the ruleset definition, use the XML schema types of your process context while defining your ruleset input and output.

3- In the human activity potential owner expression, locate the rule function under Rules and Functions --> your namespace (above screenshot).

4- The input of the rule function should be inputs from your process context dataobjects (simple or complex types are supported).

5- The output of your rule will be a string for the approver principal id. so you can wrap the rule function call with getPrincipal call.

I hope this would resolve your problem.

Ahmed

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try my blog

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57163