cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert ,

i have a question related to sap license audit , as long as SAP sent  us mail asking us to perform system measurements for the  development and production systems ,

actually we did not GO-LIVE yet we still in the realization phase , and normally we are creating developer users for our development  team plus SAP Developers (from SAP team ) which is normally exceeded the licensed developers in the contract ,

so what is the procedure to be followed in this case also policy from SAP company?

and normally SAP start license auditing before Go-live ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depend on your contract with SAP, regarding this thinks you can ask you local SAP Account Manager. he can guide you right way.

you can refer the SAP link about SAP license audit

License Administration - General Administration Tasks - SAP Library

Regards

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks S Sriram , Deepak Kori and Matt Fraser appreciate your help it was helpful , and excuse me for delaying my reply as i was keeping in touch with SAP account manager and this is his reply below

#######

15.10.2014 - 21:50:14 CET - Reply by SAP

Hello,

As the implementation is still going on and that you have not gone live as yet, you need not run the measurement now.

Once you are live, then we will contact you.

Thanks & Regards,

Best regards ,

A sherb

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak is right, the license policy starts immediately and isn't tied to a GoLive date. Normally you will be audited annually, and although the time of year may vary, it will typically be in the fall, assuming your contract year follows the calendar year (you may have a different contract arrangement).

Every developer user counts, although sometimes the contract may read that developers who are SAP employees can be exempted. Your consultants count, however, if they use an SSCR key and/or access the Developer Workbench. If they are not on the project for the whole duration, but only for a short while, then be sure to not only lock the account, as Deepak suggests, but also to invalidate it in the date range. Locked accounts that are still valid are still counted in the audit. The audit does flag recently invalidated accounts, and if you are in the habit of trying to fool it by invalidating accounts ahead of the audit, then re-enabling them afterwards, that will become fairly obvious, so don't do that. However, if the invalidation is justified because they have actually left the project and are not coming back, then it is the right thing to do.

If you are worried about a brief surge of extra developers, then discuss it with your Account Rep.

Regards,

Matt

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per my understanding SAP Licensing policy is applicable as soon as you procure license from SAP.

actually we did not GO-LIVE yet we still in the realization phase , and normally we are creating developer users for our development  team plus SAP Developers (from SAP team ) which is normally exceeded the licensed developers in the contract ,

Ensure that post Go-live you lock all the unwanted/additional developer IDs for which you do not have license.

Regards,

Deepak Kori