cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Code City Model “No SVG support”

david_hill9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, In the SolMan workcenter Custom Code Management Overview screen the City Model says “No SVG Support”. I’ve tried it on different SP12 SolMan systems on different PC’s with different IE versions. I’ve tried adding the site to compatibility views, changed the F12 Document Modes. I tried to download the Adobe SVG viewer but it is not supported since 2009. Has anyone gotten their SP12 system to display the City Mode? Thank you, David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DinoPhilips
Participant
0 Kudos

Adding the website in which the CCM workcenter starts up to your Compatibility View Settings in IE will result in a completely blank webpage. No luck there.

Conclusion:

• IE webbrowser is (currently) not capable of displaying SVG

• Firefox is capable of displaying SVG correctly

• Google Chrome is capable of displaying SVG correctly

Because it isn't always possible for customers to install additional webbrowsers, I have raised an error message at Microsoft as well: No SVG support in IE11 | Microsoft Connect

To be continued

david_hill9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody. Firefox does seem to work, unfortunately I can't ask the Director of Applicatons to change his default browser to display an SAP graph, not exactly the way to impress. I have read notes 1900896 and 1672817; they seem to be more for developers, nonetheless I tried different document modes, compatibility views, starting it from NWBC… all to no avail. If the answer is in there I couldn’t find it. SAP Help (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp12/helpdata/en/4f/90a2519344fc53e10000000a44538d/content.htm) says "To display the 3D City Model, you need SAP NetWeaver Business Client 4.0 together with either Firefox or Internet Explorer 10 or higher." I am on NWBC 5 and IE11. Thanks folks, David

DinoPhilips
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I haven't tested it all the way but it looks like there is a sort of workaround for demo-ing the city model in IE. Proceed as follows:

• open custom code workcenter
  • enter IE developer mode by pushing F12
  • set mode to: edge
  • ignore warning

Resulting in the city model being shown in IE.

However, I haven't managed to make this setting permanent in IE. I am sure that a web adminstrator can help here.

Below also the official response I got from Microsoft:

Hello Dino,

Thank you for the feedback. Internet Explorer 11 does support the use of SVG (example svg: http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_examples.asp ) It seems that the SAP website you are accessing is using user agent string detection or forcing IE into compat mode which loads the IE 7 rendering engine where we did not support SVG.

A couple of things you can do.

1) First open the website in IE and press F12 to open the Developer Tools

2) On the left menu locate the last icon (looks like a computer monitor with a tower) when you click on it you should be looking at the Emulation Tab

3) Under ‘Mode’ set the Document mode to ‘Edge’ if it isn’t already.

a. NOTE the webpage will refresh is the SVG displayed now?

b. If you now see the SVG you would need to contact the website admin and inquire about the possibility of running the site in edge mode.

4) If the website is already in edge mode or if the SVG still didn’t load

a. Change the user agent string drop down to use Chrome or Firefox

b. If the site now renders the issue is with user agent string detection. The website could be preventing the use of SVG based on the user agent provided to the server. You would need to contact the website admin to request a change in server behavior.

We have tools available to help check the compatibility of a website. You can visit https://www.modern.ie/en-us and use the free scan tool which will check the URL you provide for compatibility.

Best regards,

The IE Team

david_hill9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dino,

Good work! points to SAP having to fix this, even Microsoft saying use Firefox or Chrome and to contact the Web Admin. I've already got a couple CCLM tickets in with them for failed extractors and jobs so will try to get those resolved first before putting in another; maybe they'll come up with something in the meantime since it is happening to other people. Thank you very much,

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi David,

I noticed this myself, and after doing a little research, it seems that if you use transaction CCLM as opposed to SM_WORKCENTER to access the City Model, it works fine. I cant for the life of me understand why, but its a possible workaround.

The image below shows Internet Explorer(left) and Firefox(right) after executing transaction SM_WORKCENTER via solution manager. As you can see, it works in Firefox, but not Internet Explorer

This image shows Internet Explorer browser after executing transaction CCLM

Everything seems to be working perfectly fine.

May I suggest you try the transaction CCLM, and see if that helps??

I am using Internet Explorer 10

Declan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi;

Issue is not with cclm, seems it is with the browser compatablity

Have you checked any SAP corresponding notes, refer 1900896,1672817 

Thanks

Jansi

david_hill9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Oh, and I forgot to mention; I even tried it from within the new NWBC 5.0 that comes with the 7.4 GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also not able to display the City Model in Internet Explorer, but in Chrome I have more luck...