cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Upgrade Manager (SUM) error in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to upgrade my Solman from sp04 to sp12 during the step 2  I am facing following error

my ASCS and SCS running I am able to login through http://hostname:50000/nw and also visual admin

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info]: Loaded parameters for operation showUserCredentialsDialog.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Info]: Changed the execution state of Step input-os-user-passwords from RUNNING to ABORTED.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Error]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Info]: Changed the execution state of Module input-credentials-dialog from RUNNING to ABORTED.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Error]: A problem has occurred: com.sap.sdt.executor.exception.StepExecutionException: Problem while trying to execute operation on service  input-os-user-passwords. The following problem has occurred java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. CSN Component BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ.

Could not obtain version info from start service

An error has occurred during the execution of the Specify OS User Credentials step with action input_credentials. Service com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.UserCredentialsDialogService failed with the following message:

Could not obtain version info from start service

You can find more information in the files /db2/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS_02.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[/db2/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS_02.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS_02.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:03 PM [Info  ]: Creating a proxy to the sapcontrol web service at http://midslm:50013

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: Setting the credentials for user slmadm and a password.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: Using user name slmadm to authenticate against the SAPControl web service API.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: Setting the service timeout to 300 s.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: getParameterValue INSTANCE_NAME from http://midslm:50013

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Error ]: Error while obtaining the INSTANCE_NAME parameter value from the instance with number 0 on host midslm using the SAPControl web service API. For more information, see SAP Note 1401712.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Error ]: Permission denied

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: Could not establish a connection to instance 0 on host midslm by using HTTP protocol. SUM will attempt to connect to the instance by using the HTTPS protocol.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:05 PM [Info  ]: Creating a proxy to the sapcontrol web service at https://midslm:50014

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Info  ]: Setting the credentials for user slmadm and a password.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Info  ]: Using user name slmadm to authenticate against the SAPControl web service API.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Info  ]: Setting the service timeout to 300 s.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Error ]: Error checking if the {0} method is supported for instance 0 on host slm.

Error getting the supported web methods.

com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ClientTransportException: HTTP transport error: java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

Oct 12, 2014 6:17:06 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Could not obtain version info from start service

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

DETECT,input_credentials,input-credentials-dialog,input-os-user-passwords,com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.UserCredentialsDialogService,class com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--NAME[/db2/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/CONFIGURE-SAPCONTROL-CONNECTION-FOR-CI_02.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[CONFIGURE-SAPCONTROL-CONNECTION-FOR-CI_02.LOG]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: SUM sdt directory is /db2/SUM/sdt/param.

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: /db2/SUM/sdt/param/jump_config.txt file contains key  /sapstartsrv/httpsconnection.

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: The https option /sapstartsrv/httpsconnection from file /db2/SUM/sdt/param/jump_config.txt is set to true.

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: Could not listen on port: 50014. SSL connection could not be used for this port.

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: Port: 50013 is opened and could be used.

Oct 12, 2014 6:16:53 PM [Info  ]: The system can be accessed via HTTP.

Please guide me what is wrong I am doing

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shahid,

Goto the directory : /db2/SUM/sdt/param/  and open the jump_config.txt

Make the parameter /sapstartsrv/httpsconnection = false

Re-excute the SUM.

Hopefully it will resolve

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashuthosh,

I am also facing the same issue while update Support pack using SUM tool

Please help us,i Have tried your above option, but it didnt worked for me.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you paste the error from sdt/tmp/Copy_06.ERR. also do give full permission to the folders.

And check the ownership of the folder /dump/sdt/tmp.

Let us know the details.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your response!!

I have given 777 permission to the folders

below is the error log from /dump/SUM/sdt/tmp/Copy_01.ERR

"cp: preserving times for `/dump/SUM/sdt/config/templates/Profile_Scs': Operation not permitted"

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Hope you have started the SUM using SIDADM user.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes, i started from SIDADM

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajesh,

Can you paste the DETERMINE-OS-INFO_11.log. also is there any latest logs under /sdt/tmp or /sdt/log.

And one more thing, i suspect the issue is with login credentials you have provided just restart the sapstartsrv & saphost services onces.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Here is the logs

suselinux:bixadm 56> more DETERMINE-OS-INFO_11.LOG

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--NAME[/dump/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-OS-INFO_11.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETERMINE-OS-INFO_11.LOG]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Jun 24, 2015 11:13:40 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.ucp.bootstrap.BootStrapExecuteExceptio

n: Could not execute bootstrapping. See previous messages.

Cannot copy /dump/SUM/sdt/patch/os/UNX/config/templates/Profile_Scs to directory /dump/SUM/sdt/config/templates.

Cannot copy /dump/SUM/sdt/patch/os/UNX/config/templates/Profile_Scs to /dump/SUM/sdt/config/templates/Profile_Scs using UNIX cp tool. Exit code

1. See files /dump/SUM/sdt/tmp/Copy_02.OUT and /dump/SUM/sdt/tmp/Copy_06.ERR for more details.

I have provided the correct user credentials only

User : bixadm

pwd :********

I have restarted sapstartsrv & saphost services thrice

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you check below oss notes and also check if there is no unwanted directory or backup under your folder /usr/sap/SID/* folders likes of

DXX

DVEBMGSXX

JCXX

JXX

And the output of the below commands :-

sapcontrol -nr <INSTANCE NUMBER> -function GetSystemInstanceList

Also the issue seems to be with your instance detection as you have already provided the 777 permissions.

So check below notes and update us the outcome.

2044981 - Software Update Manager (SUM) Error in phase INPUT-OS-

USER-PASSWORDS :The method getSystemInstanceList returned more than one entry for the instance

2164771 - SUM fails in phase INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS with error

Could not detect SCS instance

1895278 - SUM fails in INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS phase .

2059889 - No instances were detected via sapcontrol. Most probably there is no local sapstartsrv pro...

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your notes!!

But after following the notes also, i am facing the same error, and its looks strange for  me

Don't know what went wrong here

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Good morning. Then i would suggest you to restart the SUM from the scratch and also do use a different folder other than /DUMP as i can see its a nfs share. Try to use a local folder likes of any /usr/sap/SID or any sapdata for storing the SUM and re-try again.

One more thing you can do as of now if its a nfs share try to unmount & mount back the /dump folder with full permission to your SIDadm and retry again.

Let us know the details after wards.

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

First of all its not an NFS share, we are using filesystem.

And we had done the same upgrade setup using the same SUM tool in NFS and it worked fine.

But i am not sure why its throwing error for this setup

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you tried to start the SUM from scratch or your repeating the same phase again. also what the latest logs says.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes i have tried restarting SUM twice and executed from the scratch, but still the same error

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you share the current error screenshot and the logs under /sdt/log and /sdt/tmp & sdt/trace.

Also share only the current and latest ones.

And when you have restarted the sapstartsrv, have you deleted the .sapstreamXX file from /tmp directory. if not can you delete and restart the sapstartsrv and give one more try.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

did you ever got it working?

Thanks

Kush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kush,

Yes it worked, actually my kernel version was old, i had upgraded the kernel version to 7.21

then it started working

Regards,

Rajesh

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add service/protectedwebmethods=NONE in the instance and(if required) in other profiles and restart sapstartsrv service and then resume SUM.

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.