cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted posts in PowerBuilder forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody has been deleting a large number of posts from the PowerBuilder forum for no apparent reason. Since we get emails when someone posts to one we have posted to, everyone involved knows what was said.

For example:

I posted several times to this question and they are all gone. There was probably a dozen or more responses and now there are only 5 and two of them are comments about all the missing responses.

What gives? I didn't see any responses that deserved deletion. I know that SAP doesn't care about PowerBuilder but this is just outrageous. There is another online forum we could all use instead. The least you could do is let everyone know why the post is not allowed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is a reply from you gone?

if yes, then you should get a notification (can be found by clicking Actions icon on top right, then go to Notifications tab), unfortunately no every moderator adds a reason. In this case you are right here.

if yes and you did not even get a notification, then there might be unprocessed moderator alerts, which means the content is hidden until the moderator decides.

If it were not your replies that are not visible anymore, then you will never get an update with the reason, since this is a story only between moderator, poster and the person who clicked the alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

There are replies of at least 5 persons missing in that discussion. I have them and they were related to the question and not offensive in any way. I didn't receive a notification, as I believe for the others. I have the deleted answers (as others do), except mine as I receive mails only for answers from others, and can provide them to prove that there was no reason to remove them.

Andreas.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot justify on those replies, I just wanted to highlight the technical facts.

The only moderator of this forum is

If she knows about that case then she might answer here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Thank you.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Several of my replies were deleted and I did not get any notification.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This either means that there are moderator alerts which have not yet been processed, or it was a direct deletion.

For example, the forum rules were several times subject for moderator alerts, some people just do not know how to work in a forum and use this function to ask questions. After moderator review it became visible again.

A direct deletion is an extraordinary rare case, usually used in case of spam or after several warnings.

The only person who can answer your question is Sue. I tagged her, so she will get the message about this discussion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would hope that Sue has better things to do with her time than monitoring the forum. Like convincing upper management to allow major improvements to move forward and to allow her to share their plans with the developer community.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, Jurgen.

I may be listed as the only moderator but I know that I'm not the only one who does moderate the space because the majority of times that I receive a moderator alert,  by the time I go to review the post, it's no longer in my queue and has therefore either been approved or deleted by someone else.

I do know that I have mistakenly deleted replies along with a post that I was asked to moderate, so I apologize if that happened to you, Roland. I am not sure why the system wouldn't have triggered a notification to you.

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland.

Did you observed any other posts - content missing?

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter what product from the posts were removed - deleted. I believe we should at least be provided an explanation about what happened. If it's a problem is it resolved? If not at least an apology to those who spend their free time to help others and their posts suddenly disappeared.

Andreas.