cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.19 bw connection to bex does not change visualization

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I connect to BEX Lumira show table visualization but any change return the error message "Bookmark: bookmark with ID "xxxxxx" does not exist" and nothing is done.

1) Connection

2) Visualize

2) Change Chart, Measures, Dimensions generates error

The problem persist from Lumira 1.17

Thanks for any suggestions

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

A colleague of mine faced the same problem.

Just for sake of understanding, did you upgrade from 1.17 to 1.19?

What about if you un-install and re-install 1.19 from scratch?

Is the problem the same?

Also can you please attach the log file to the post (found here: C:\Users\<your Windows user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi\logs and the log file name starts with TraceLog).

I completely agree with Tammy - you need to open a ticket with SAP support.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I have first upgrade from 1.17 to 1.18 and 1.19 but I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Lumira 1.19

I have also test a scratch installation on a new PC with same result.

I have attached the log file with only the steps of open Lumira document and change of dimesions and charts

I have open a ticket with SAP support.

Thanks

Claudio

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is an interesting one.

please could you give some info about your exact BW version?  

also, the hint about 'bookmarks' is this a BEx query that has been snapshot as a bookmark?

regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudio. The relevant portion of the stack trace is this:

2014/10/13 10:26:50.197000|>>|E| | 2112|  42| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.ip.bi.dslumira.services.logging.DsLumiraLogging]

com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException: Bookmark with ID "87c11d736b2c489b953ca277e4303e9d" does not exist

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.service.bookmark.impl.BookmarkService.setData(BookmarkService.java:473)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.processor.PageBookmarkProcessor.saveBookmarkInternal(PageBookmarkProcessor.java:136)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.processor.PageBookmarkProcessor.saveBookmark(PageBookmarkProcessor.java:97)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.processor.PageBookmarkProcessor.saveBookmark(PageBookmarkProcessor.java:88)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.processor.PageCommandProcessor.doSaveBookmarkCommand(PageCommandProcessor.java:1258)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.doSaveBookmarkCommand(Page.java:5920)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.sap.ip.bi.util.MethodInvoker.callMethod(MethodInvoker.java:155)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.service.command.CommandProcessorHelper.processCommand(CommandProcessorHelper.java:425)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.service.command.CommandProcessorHelper.processCommand(CommandProcessorHelper.java:340)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.processor.CommunicationProcessor.processCommand(CommunicationProcessor.java:212)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.processCommandSuper(Page.java:4850)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.processCommandInternal(Page.java:4509)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.processCommandSequence(Page.java:4669)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.doProcessRequest(Page.java:2791)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page._processRequest(Page.java:774)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.processRequest(Page.java:5097)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.processRequest(Page.java:5090)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.controller.Controller.doProcessRequest(Controller.java:1238)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.controller.Controller._processRequest(Controller.java:1088)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.controller.Controller.processRequest(Controller.java:1054)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.controller.Controller.processRequest(Controller.java:1)

at com.sap.ip.bi.server.runtime.sevice.impl.BIRuntimeServerService._handleRequest(BIRuntimeServerService.java:515)

at com.sap.ip.bi.server.runtime.sevice.impl.BIRuntimeServerService.handleRequest(BIRuntimeServerService.java:920)

at com.sap.ip.bi.server.execution.engine.runtime.LocalBIExecutionService.executeRequest(LocalBIExecutionService.java:47)

at com.sap.ip.bi.dslumira.servlets.DsLumiraVizPrivateServlet.handleRequest(DsLumiraVizPrivateServlet.java:169)

at com.sap.ip.bi.client.execution.AbstractExecutionServlet.doPost(AbstractExecutionServlet.java:125)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:598)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1367)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.JsonPaddingFilter.doFilter(JsonPaddingFilter.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.configurator.internal.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:59)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:484)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:413)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:350)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:900)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:954)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:851)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:77)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:603)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:538)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I cannot speak for Claudio but for my colleague:

• the BW system used is BW 7.0 EHP 1.
  • the BEx query used is not bookmarked. Any BEx Query on the BW system will exhibit the problem when Lumira is failing
  • this is working on certain lumira installation and failing on others. KO on Windows 7, OK on Win Server 2008. (not sure OS is the root cause though)
  • this is working on Lumira installations done from scratch; this is failing on upgraded installations with former license keys. (not sure upgrade is the root cause though)

Regards,

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The Lumira PAM for 1.19 is here: https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001095842012E

It states the following:

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just to confirm. After investigating with my colleague we discover the BW version used was very important. He faced the problem on the BW 7.0 system as the version is not supported in SAP Lumira 1.19 PAM. But on same Lumira installations he can connect to the BW 7.3 systems.

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tanks,

I have tested with BW 740 (on HANA DB) and BW 731

Claudio

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Just to double-check you have tested on BW 740 and BW 731 and both systems exhibit the problem you mentioned? Are you successful in using other clients (design studio, analysis office, webi, ...) on these systems?

Thanks & regards,

Antoine

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have tested a new installation of Lumira 1.19 on new VM Win7 (SO and GUI only).

Lumira is correctly working with same query BEx and BW version.

I think the problem is in the upgrade (no BW version).

Ciao

Claudio

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I have checked the my tow installations and the unique difference is the description of saplogon.

Incredible, but the problem appears only when is present the pipe character "|" in the description.

Thank for support and sharing

Claudio

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Incredible is the right word.

My colleague had special characters / and ().

After removing them, it also worked for him.

Do you know if a defect has been logged by support for engineering teams?

Thanks & regards,

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if you don't know, not a problem as we have one defect in the pipe already.

Pascla
Explorer
0 Kudos

i had opened a incident on SAP support and  I closed it with reference to the bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is now documented in KBA 2080534 - Lumira Desktop on BW: unable to perform any action
in Visualize room, returns "Bookmark with ID "xxxxxx" does not exist"

Regards,

- Yasmina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudio - I couldn't find anything with this; I recommend opening a ticket with SAP Support

As a work around  you could publish the dataset to Lumira cloud (cloud.saplumira.com) and do the cross tab visualization there

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Is it already possible to publish a BW online dataset to Lumira Cloud? I thought it was not.

Regards,

Antoine