Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 EHP7 Upgrade Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing upgrade and getting an error in Pre Processing phase Error is

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_SHDRUN/JOB_RSUPDTEC_SHD!

Last error code set: RFC error system DV2 nr 01 function 'SUBST_START_BATCHJOB' failed with code 4 key No selections for program RSUPDTEC: No selections for program RSUPDTEC

A trouble ticket and an archive with all relevant log files have been generated. Trouble ticket: "E:\usr\sap\DV2\SUM\abap\log\SAPup_troubleticket.log" Log archive: "E:\usr\sap\DV2\SUM\abap\log\SAPup_troubleticket_logs.sar"

APup broke during phase JOB_RSUPDTEC_SHD in module MAIN_SHDRUN / Shadow System Operations: SPDD and Activation

Error Message: RFC error system DV2 nr 01 function 'SUBST_START_BATCHJOB' failed with code 4 key No selections for program RSUPDTEC: No selections for program RSUPDTEC

I need help. Please let me know if I need to add another group.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you supply these logs please ?

PSUPDTEC.LOG

PSUPDTEC.SAV

PSUPDTECSHD.LOG

RSUPDTEC.<SID>

Also what is the version of the OS and DB ?

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached please find the log files.

We are running the SAP in Windows 2008 /SQL platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another log file

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

And is there a log file called PSUPDTEC.ELG ?

What is the status of the background job RSUPDTEC ?

Update the kernel of the shadow system and restart the shadow.

Repeat the phase in SUM.

Additionally check the work process trace file of the background process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Do I need to update the kernel only in Shadow instance or both or only main instance ?

The job status is SCHEDULE I can't change it to release even manually.

I didn't fine PSUPDTEC.ELG  the only ELG I found is RIPACHK2.ELG and it has below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REPACHK ERRORS and RETURN CODE in GET_INACTIVE_SAP_OBJECTS.DV2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 ETG040 Start time.....: "09.10.2014" "19:59:37"

4 ETG039 -------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 ETG010 "11 inactive objects found" " " " " " "

4 ETG010 "2 inactive SAP objects" "colliding with import queue found." " " " "

4 ETG010 "Please contact the development team" "to either activate or discard the inactive object." " " " "

2EETG010 "The following objects are inactive" "in the system:" " " " "

2EETG010 "LIMU" "DYNP" "SAPLWSD_MATERIAL_SEARCH 0110" " "

2EETG010 "LIMU" "DYNP" "SAPLWSD_MATERIAL_SEARCH 0120" " "

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

First activate the inactive objects and see if that help.

The job is running in the shadow instance now so update the shadow kernel.

Check the version of the kernel present at E:\usr\sap\DV2\SUM\abap\exe

cd E:\usr\sap\DV2\SUM\abap\exe

disp+work -version

Update the kernel here to a supported version for EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what inactive objects you are referring to  or where to check and how to activate. is it in Se11 or Se38 ?

Real instance kernel:

Rel 720     720_EXT_REL

64bit patch 500

Shadow Instance Kernel:

Rel 741    741_REL

64 BIT  Patch 26

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

2EETG010 "The following objects are inactive" "in the system:" " " " "

2EETG010 "LIMU" "DYNP" "SAPLWSD_MATERIAL_SEARCH 0110" " "

2EETG010 "LIMU" "DYNP" "SAPLWSD_MATERIAL_SEARCH 0120" " "

Based on the log you provided the above two are the inactive ones. I am not sure whether activating them would help but it is worth trying.

As a reference follow SAP note 1882203 - SPAM : CHECK_INACT_OBJECTS error Inactive Objects for activating the objects.

As the job is running on the shadow system update the kernel to the latest patch set of 741 release. Use patch set 26 or 50.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

I checked in SE80 I didn't see any inactive object there. I am using a  latest kernel 741_rel

patch 26 in my shadow instance. The real instance has 740 kernel since it is not the upgraded one.

Any other suggestion. I also noticed the previous batch jobs ran for 1 minute but didn't show as canceled .

Any other help or suggestion will be helpful

Someone suggested that reset the logs, update SUM and restart the upgrade process. If I do that then I will loose 3 days of time plus I have to start my upgrade from scratch.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The latest patch level is 50 and you are on 26 for kernel 741.

Have you tried with that patch level ?

If you reset the upgrade then you will need to start all over again. Moreover there is no need to reset the upgrade if you don't know where the problem is and when you are not sure how to fix it. You will end up in the same state in the next execution.

If the background job is failing then check the work process trace file.

Try to restart the system and repeat the phase in SUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just upgraded the kernel on a shadow instance to 7.41 64 bit  rel 50 but it will give me same error. Kernel Patch number : 50

Do I need to upgrade the same kernel level to the real instance , however it's not upgrade and has EHP4 ?

At one forum I read that activate BUT000 . Do I need to do it ? how can I do it in SE80

Any other suggestion. I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have given the possible suggestions based on the log files you have provided. You should also consider checking the work process trace files to know the reasons (if any) why the job is not getting executed. Additionally I would check the SAP profile parameters (especially the hostname related) like SAPGLOBALHOST and see if they should be adapted. If nothing works the raise an OSS message and check with SAP.