Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot generation for stock transfer posting

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have 2 different scenario where user wants to create inspection lot and post stock to QI. Suggest which inspection type can be used for these below mentioned scenario or sow way around excluding 89 as in insp type 89 stock is not posted to QI.

Scenario 1 - A produced batch is inspected for 04 lot type then cleared from QI stock to Unrestricted and then afterwards in some cases for process requirement split the batch stock into 2 new batch id and transfer stock through different transfer posting movement types. Now user wants to do inspection of these 2 new batch stock through creation of Insp. lot and posting of stock to QI.

Scenario 2 - A batch is produced and is inspected for 04 lot type but during inspection certain quantity of the stock gets diverted or rejected and posted to new batch ID, remaining stock in original batch is still in QI. Now user wants to do inspection of the new batch stock through creation of Insp. lot and posting of stock to QI.

Thanks in advance

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks all for the response. We got the solution by some customization in include ZXQAAU01 where we can define when to create inspection lot for any movement or t-code , storage locations etc.

for more info go to the check the below link.

QAAT0001 Do's and Don'ts - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Anand and Gururaj has already suggested the best approach here. You should now try to use the 08 inspection type in combination with Z-MvT and your process will be solved. If you wish to have some further control, on your plant specific MvT's (Z11, etc) you can get into 2nd level controls like -

a) Z-MvT for your particular plant

b) Z08 inspection type for your material instead of 08 inspection type.

c) Remove inspection type 08 form materials of your plant and add Z08 inspection type. (Pls add Z08 insp type in insp lot origin 08 node in config)

d) Block authorization for using MvT 309, 311, etc for users in your plant.

e) Block authorization for MvT Z09, Z11, etc in other plants. Ideally include both d) & e) in a user role and restrict users from executing the non-necessary MvT's.

With a combination of a), b), c), d) and e) your plant specific issue will be solved without impacting the standard behavior of the other MvT's.

Please check and revert.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii All,

any update on how to resolve the issue.

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Please use inspection type 08 and activate it in material master.

Also please let me know which movement types you are using for transfer posting.

Best Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gururaj,

The problem with activating inspection type 08 is when ever user will do any type of transfer posting a lot will be generated which we don't want. We want to generate lot & post to QI in some specific cases as mentioned above.

Regards,

Mukesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh, It is important to know (as Gururaj asked) with which movement types you are converting a single batch stock in to 2 separate batches. You should activate QM for these movement types.

If you think 08 us suitable inspection type to address this but are worried that it would create lots for all transfer posting movements, hopefully there is a way!

You can customize a new movement type for such transfer posting  and/or can customize new inspection type say Z08 with preferred inspection tick in material master. Deactivate QM for original movement type. It will ensure the inspection lot would be generated only for newly customized movement type.

Anand

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Basically we using movement type 309, 311, 311'E', 411'E'. How can by using Z08 we can restrict creation of lots for these movement type as these movement types are used for other purpose also for same products and only for the above scenario. We have developed  module pool transaction for executing the scenarios mentioned above.

Regards,

Mukesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh, you can customize new movement type (say Z11) by copying 311. The follow below path

QCC0 > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection for goods movement > Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type

For movement type 311 - Tick on QM not active

For movement type Z11 - Untick QM not active. (Should not be ticked)

You need not customize new inspection type for this. But if you want additional pr separate records you can go for the same. But I think 08 inspection type with above setting should work here!

Anand

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The solution you provided will solve my current problem but if I activate this, other plants which uses the standard movement types for transfer posting and 08 lot generation will suffer. and if I don't tick on QM not active, lots will be created with for standard mov. type also for my plant which i absolutely don't want.

So is their any other way to get out of this loop.

Regards,

mukesh