cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete old date from Tables RSBATCH* in BW 7.3 - SAPKW73008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have an issue in Production system - unable to delete 90 days old data from RSBATCHDATA table.

We tried exeucting report "RSBATCH_DEL_MSG_PARM_DTPTEMP" and also scheduled job using Tx. "RSBATHC" but no luck - Data is not deleted nor the job is not failing

I noticed that the field "LAST_CHK_TS" is getting stuck @ 20140611000000 and job is finishing without doing anyting

I read Note - 1942703 and reset that field to many different time stamps - earlier to the stuck value and later date to the stuck value, no matter the time stamp is jumpin to 20140611 and job is finishing.

I read all the Ntes wheni search with string "LAST_CHK_TS" but none helped.

Any idea why it it getting stuck at that date? Any idea why the data is not deleted from the tables?

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Have you checked what this is doing at database level.

Check what is being executed at DB level and you will surely get something from there.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

Are you getting any error or dump in ST22?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

No error logs recorded - neither ST22 dumps, nothing in job log and nothng in sm21 also

Thanks,

Subbu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram and Divyanshu.

Sriram - I scheduled job "BI_WRITE_PROT_TO_APPLLOG" and it running fine with job output log "No logs found for writing to Appl. Log in RSBATCHDATA".

So, the above Note seem to be not relevant

Divyanshu - Yes, checked the DB logs, all it is doing is doing a Sequential Read on 3 Tables -

RSBATCHCTRL, RSBATCHDATA and RSBATCHHEADER.

Using Tx. RSBTACH i tried scheduling the job with different variants to delete data with 60 days, retention, 90 days retention and 10 days retention, but still no luck.

RSBATCHDATA table is the same, no decrease in teh data

Any more suggestions

Thanks,

Subbu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

Have you check the table statistic? what is the daily growth of those tables?  could you in transaction ST04 or DB02

Regards