cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC and HANA

rhightower13
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the best way to integrate VC with HANA?  I noticed there is no support for oData.  That seems like an oversight to me.

Thanks,

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

It is possible to consume in VC IMDB stored procedures which are stored procedures on HANA DB.

The IMDB is available in the search panel under "providerr" tab.

By the way, we do support in Odata services in VC5 runtime only in  NW731 from SP14.

This might be a great opportunity to explore our new html5 runtime.

Regards,

Asaf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ross,

As Asaf has mentioned, it is possible to define HANA system as a source of data for your VC model.

The following help article describes how to do that:

Creating SAP In-Memory Database System Destinations - Configuring Composition Environment Platform -...

Regards,

Talia

rhightower13
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for that link.  I was able to set up the destination and import a stored procedure I created.  However, when I try to test the service I get the error "Could execute stored procedure next".  I also noticed there were no fields when I access redefine ports.  I'm able to execute the procedure with that user in HANA Studio. 

Any words of wisdom? 

Thanks,   

Ross

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

About the 1st point, does it happen in the Test Data Service dialog box? If so, it's best to open a ticket. Otherwise, see the below description.

About the 2nd point, I think it's because in this kind of data service we need to run it to know the data structure:

- In the model, right click the service => Test Data Service

- Select the required input port in the upper left panel

- Provide whatever input is required in the lower left panel

- Press Test

- Once you get the results in the main panel, press Add Fields.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Udi