Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMon data not getting collected in 0SM_BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Deatils -

1. We are on  Solution Manager 7.1 SPS10 - ST/710/0010

2. BPMon is configiured and BW data collections checkbox is also ticked.

Cofiguration wise all seems OK but data is not getting collected in cube - 0SM_BPM.

Any inputs on troubleshooting will be helpful.

Thanks,

Tanveer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer

How is the extractor status of your BPMon Alert Report extractor ?

You can check its status at T-CD E2E_EXTRACTOR_FWK and search extractor

by "DSWP_BPM_ALERT_REPORTING_*".

If there is a red one, better to check it's result.

Also if there is too many open alert (but I think this possibility is very rare), there is SAP Note  2030487 BPMon Alert Queue not transfered to Infocube but stops with TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED.

So if you see like this dump in ST22 from Alert Report Extractor, better to implement this note.

I also highly recommend to check the alert report configuration guide. Especially trouble shooting section since it describes common issue solution. http://www.service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000825192012E/BPMon_Al_Rep_Setup_71_SP05.pdf

If you are not sure, better to SAP incident to SV-SMG-MON-BPM.

Best Regards
Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

Thanks for your reply !

I not able to find extractor by name DSWP_BPM_ALERT_REPORTING_..

I have job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER scheduled every minute.

SolMan is notin set of my primary skills, hope my question makes sense

Thanks,

Tanveer

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer

It seems strange. Did you conduct SOLMAN_SETUP for BPMon scenario ?

In my understanding, the extractor will be activated if you conduct SOLMAN_SETUP => BPMon scenario 1.1.

So please check whether you have already perform this process.

You can check via T-CD SOLMAN_SETUP and choose BPMon left side of the menu.

And check 1.1.   You can also do it again if you are not sure.

Best Regards

Keiji

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tanveer

Sorry I informed technical name of extractor.

When you search the extractor at T-CD E2E_EXTRACTOR_FWK , please use the name "BPMon Alert Reporting Extractor (TD)". (Or *BPM*

Then you may see the entry.

Best Regards
Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

Found BPMon Transactional Data Extractor (F81_BPM_EXTRACTOR) in T-CD E2E_EXTRACTOR_FWK  and target cube is 0SM_BPMRH. Dont have BPMon Alert Reporting Extractor.

Thanks,

Tanveer

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanveer

The extractor is for BP Analytics. Not work Alert Reporting. So Alert Reporting Extractor needs to be scheduled. As I mentioned in before, could you try following.

T-CD SOLMAN_SETUP and choose BPMon left side of the menu.

And check 1.1.

Best Regards
Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

Please help with your valuable inputs -

It seems system was upgraded from 7.1 SP 5 to SP 12 and BPM alerting is still happening through Classical BPMon setup and not the new BW BPMon architecture available with SP5+ version.

1. Is it a big effort to configure BPMon BW data collection as per new version (SP5+)?

2. Client is quite reluctant to spent more effort in this, in that case is it recommended to continue  BW reporting with old infrastructure ( using data source 0SM_DSWPBI_BPM )?

3. Any risk involved if we go by old BW infrastructure ( using data source 0SM_DSWPBI_BPM ) ?

Thanks,

Tanveer

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer

I am not clearly understand what you mean BPMon BW data collection...

As you might know, in Solution Manager Business Process Operation, there are several functions related to BW.

Roughly say, as a data collector we have "BPMon" and "Business Process Analytics"

BPMon is used for monitoring & alerting purpose.

And BP Analytics provides graphical data distribution.

BW Alert Report

For BPMon, to shows the historical alert trend, we have BPMon BW Alert Report.

Here, out of BPMon Alert table, to keep its alert history, alert data is re-send to BPMon alert cube 0SM_BPM.  And then you can see the alert trend. 

(Refer to this on BPMon BW Alert Report )

Data Flow

BPMon Alert Table (DSWP_BPM_ALERTS) -----> 0SM_BPM

BW Based Alert Monitor

For BP Analytics, it stores aggregated data in SolMan Analytics Cube 0SM_BPMRH. Since some aggregated data is in SolMan, we can also re-use this data for BPMon. If you configure BP Analytics key figure under logical component (let's say overdue sales schedule line), and if you configure same BPMon object under the business process hierarchy, system will ask whether you want to create normal BPMon monitor or reference monitor.  The reference monitor is the monitor using BP Analytics data.  Normal BPMon monitor collects data in managed system and reports # of record in SolMan. But in case of reference monitor, data collection is happen against SolMan analytics Cube.  If you need to creates many different monitoring variants, you might better to use reference monitor to avoid redundant data collection against managed system.

This reference monitor is called, BW based BPMon monitor.

So related to BW, we have above 2 cases. So I wonder which option are you mentioned.

PS. as of SP12, BPMon can run new infrastructure (Monitoring Alert Infrastructure :MAI).

If your solution uses MAI based BPMon, BW Alert Report is not offered any more.

Since alert is stored completely different format. And MAI  offer some BW alert store.

So MAI based BPMon, there is new Alert Report.
But to use MAI based BPMon, you have to convert existing Solution or when you setup your BPMon object, you need to specify MAI flag.

In more detail, please refer to this blog.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2014/10/08/business-process-mon...

Best Regards

Keiji

Answers (0)